Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Babyfurs Ostracized?

Default Are Babyfurs Ostracized?

Since I'm neither furry, nor a baby-fur (to be honest as a full grown man I have very little hair (TMI)), I have a question: Are baby furs looked down upon within the 'cult' of furdom? Even though it seems hypocritical, I could see furries hating on furries that are different. Such as those that enjoy diapers.

If you are referring to the *cough*Dramatica*cough* entry on *furs, I wouldn't put any weight on the truthfulness of said article. I personally don't understand how someone would yiff with full suits on, but as long as they were doing it consensual, I won't stop two *grown* persons from enjoying what they want to do. Same goes for bdsm or bukakke, or any of the thousand different fetishes out there.

--sf

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    If you are referring to the *cough*Dramatica*cough* entry on *furs, I wouldn't put any weight on the truthfulness of said article. I personally don't understand how someone would yiff with full suits on, but as long as they were doing it consensual, I won't stop two *grown* persons from enjoying what they want to do. Same goes for bdsm or bukakke, or any of the thousand different fetishes out there.

--sf
    Honestly, I have no idea what you are referring to. I was posing an independent question.

There will always be people intolerant of something "different".

Short answer: That's why we're furries, not those people-type things!

Long answer: You can't change how other people think. As with any fetishes or sexual behavior you will have those that think whatever they are doing is ok but anything else isn't. That's called dealing with bigots or close-minded people. I mean look at all the controversy same sex marriage is causing in the US.

--sf

There will always be people intolerant of something "different".

Short answer: That's why we're furries, not those people-type things!

Long answer: You can't change how other people think. As with any fetishes or sexual behavior you will have those that think whatever they are doing is ok but anything else isn't. That's called dealing with bigots or close-minded people. I mean look at all the controversy same sex marriage is causing in the US.

--sf
    But do Furries look down on Babyfurs?

I'll have the Gallup organization do a poll on your question.

Pollster: Sir/Ma'am, as a furry do you find the behavior of babyfurs to be 1) Totally acceptable 2) Somewhat acceptable 3) Somewhat unacceptable or 4) Totally unacceptable?
    Person on the other end: Wha?!?! Fur-what? And something about a baby?
    Pollster: I need a reply. How do you feel about the behavior?
    *click*
    Pollster: That was the 900th hangup of the day... I hate this job!

Some furs will look down on it, others won't.

--sf

The mythological creature known as a babyfur hater isn't seen too often. When they do appear, it's typically online, and in many ways, similar to a basic troll. I've encountered one person who trash talked babyfurs, to my face in fact, until I revealed my somewhat in that category stance. He then proceeded to apologize, feel awkward and make up for his derogatory speech by talking about other things, and being friendly for the rest of the con.

It's just the same as any kink-shaming. It happens, but generally, people are just doing it out of boredom.
    Last edited by Eulogy; 12-Jul-2013 at 07:40. Reason: Typo.

I'll have the Gallup organization do a poll on your question.

Pollster: Sir/Ma'am, as a furry do you find the behavior of babyfurs to be 1) Totally acceptable 2) Somewhat acceptable 3) Somewhat unacceptable or 4) Totally unacceptable?
    Person on the other end: Wha?!?! Fur-what? And something about a baby?
    Pollster: I need a reply. How do you feel about the behavior?
    *click*
    Pollster: That was the 900th hangup of the day... I hate this job!

Some furs will look down on it, others won't.

--sf
    You sir, are Samurai.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    The mythological creature known as a babyfur hater isn't seen to often. When they do appear, it's typically online, and in many ways, similar to a basic troll. I've encountered one person who trash talked babyfurs, to my face in fact, until I revealed my somewhat in that category stance. He then proceeded to apologize, feel awkward and make up for his derogatory speech by talking about other things, and being friendly for the rest of the con.

It's just the same as any kink-shaming. It happens, but generally, people are just doing it out of boredom.
    You Honor me with your Wisdom. You. Are. Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    But do Furries look down on Babyfurs?
    As has been said, I think it's more common in the abstract and online than in the real world. You don't have to dig too far to find stories of "bad babyfurs" at cons, being indiscreet, leaving used diapers around, etc. Although I don't doubt that in all the cons with all the people, bad thing(s) happened in public at some point but from what I've seen, it's kept with those who will appreciate it. I think it's almost all hype and discomfort with the (even more) unusual and unknown.

A lot of furs actually hate babyfurs and you'll find a lot of art and journals insulting and attacking them. It's not uncommon, really, but if you're not looking for the journal/art on FA, and you're minding your own business, you won't see any of the hate other furs like to give.

That being said, there are a lot of cool fur artists that aren't babyfurs that love to draw them.