48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am disabled

24 50.00%
  • I am non-disabled

24 50.00%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us are disabled?

Question How many of us are disabled?

I've noticed a lot of people here who have some sort of disability. It has gotten me curious to know who is disabled and who isn't. So, I made a poll about it. If you don't feel comfortable disclosing your disability, you don't have to do so. ^^

I think everyone here pretty much knows what I have. If you don't, well, I'm on the high functioning end of classic autism. I have ADHD, severe anxiety and intellectual disability. I am physically an adult, but mentally a child. I don't act my age in real life. I panic over just about every little thing and have to take medication to control my ADHD and anxiety.

So, what about you? If you prefer not to answer, at least vote in the poll. ^^

I have both Mild Autism (Asperger's) and Mild Cerebral Palsy.

Never knew I was Autistic until age 47.

As for my Cerebral Palsy, I was "forced" to "pass for normal".

I have Epilepsy, mild Autism (Asperger's), abnormally small bladder( the size of a 6 or 7 year old's) Heart problems.

I've been diagnosed with major depression, PTSD, and Asperger's. It took a while for my psychotherapist to acknowledge my autistic side of things because I learned how to hide it once I self-diagnosed my asd. I guess I could be considered disabled if I were actually elgible for SSI.

I have minor cerebral paulsy , I feel blessed that it's nothing major so I can pretty much live a normal life and whatnot.
    I'm not sure if I have any mental issues, but that's because I tend to disagree with psychology.

I suffer with PTSD, and have had ugly bouts of depression but do not consider myself disabled as I take care of myself and others as well as holding down a demanding job.

I deal with aspergers, separated cortex, partial IC, audio processing disorder, small motor skills disorders and absent seizures, as far as classified disabilities, and then gender dysphoria, OCD, anxiety, depression, ICS, IBS and other things, but I do not use government disability and hold down my tech job pretty well mostly working with databases, I work 30+ hours a week all while attending school full time to finishing my BA a double major and double minor, and I am planning on full time employment when I am done, at my current company as they are extremely LBGT friendly. So I feel I do not let my disabilities hold me back in the least though the aspergers tends to make relationships more difficult, but I am working on that among other things with therapy.
    So while disabled technically, I feel that I function in a non-disabled manner on a day to day basis.

For any bronies here, I'm the human equivalent of Derpy. My eyes are like hers (called Dwayne Syndrome) and I have always had a speech impediment. It goes without saying I was not happy when they censored her.

I'm a type I diabetic, but otherwise fine. One doctor said that I probably have Asperger's, but that it's so minor it's not worth looking into.