Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever wish?

Default Do you ever wish?

Do you ever wish you were normal? I just can't conform even if I try. I know it's great that I am my own person and all but I just wish I could be normal it would be so much easier. I dunno I've just been a little depressed recently and I haven't been this low since I had bad side effects from adderal. I know I'll be fine but I figured I would tell you guys in because people here are very understanding and helpful. I know most people think its hard to ask for help but I know I need advice and I was wondering if anybody had some advice or something useful to say about my being different and how they got through the hard times.

I have before but now I just roll with anything that comes along, or I try to.

Do you know how much of an arrogant, narrow-minded asshole I would be if I wasn't a TB? Yeah, you don't. You don't know what it would be like if you were normal. Be careful what you pay for.

I'm not sure that I know what "normal" is. My dishwasher has a button on it that says normal, but other than that I really don't know. It's my feeling that our little quirks are what make us human and help us define our individuality. Be glad that you are who you are. If what you do is not harmful to yourself or others, then I wouldn't worry.

I hated being teased in elementary school and almost made some terrible mistakes because of it - but it made me stronger! I was able to become a stronger person for junior high, and high school...and ended up enjoying those years.

Sometimes I hate this whole ABDL/anime/furry(sort of) interest I have...but then I wouldn't have found this site, and you guys....and you make me happy.

Some days I wish I was normal. Some days I wish I could go out and have a girlfriend and have regular old relationships that I can be open about. No lies... (this site is where I'm the most open about everything ...what's sad is the people who know the most about me are people I don't even know in real life!).

Then I look at everyone else who is 'normal' and realize that normal is probably overrated. They have lies too. Yes, it would be easier..but being different makes us stronger and (in my opinion) more interesting and well-rounded individuals.

As for depression... it can be very tough, but just remember when it happens - this isn't you! It doesn't seem like things can get better, but they can and will! When you're depressed your mind isn't thinking straight and the best advice I can give is to remember that. Remember that you will feel better

Few people meet the overall definition of 'normal.' Being entirely normal is very abnormal. And did I mention incredibly boring and uninteresting???

Feh, who needs conformity? I don't.

I don't even want to be popular, As I operate
    better from the back of the crowd.

I really don't like the scrunity of everyone
    that is associated with popularity.

Being normal is way over rated. I think that now that i'm pretty much done with my teenage years for the most part I would say being "different" whether you consider that being an *B/DL growing up or just not being one of the cool kids that it has made me a much more open minded and tolerant person now that i'm an adult and i've made plenty of wonderful friends and had alot of great experiences because of it. Basically what I think i'm trying to say is we all went through our really tough times growing up and its hard I know I know there were nights where I would just cry myself to sleep wishing I could just be normal but I can tell you it does get better. I can promise you that.