Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Capacity Adult Diapers Not Babylike?

Default High Capacity Adult Diapers Not Babylike?

When I was a baby I wore woodpulp disposables (pampers ect. of the 90s) One wetting and I was changed. Every hour or so. My baby diapers were equivalent to like depends in terms of capacity. With the exception of overnights baby diapers are still not meant to be worn for more than 2 hrs. What do you guys think about diapers like dry24/7? Being changed is part of the whole baby experience for a lot of us. I can't imagine roleplaying long enough to get a diaper change of this kind of diaper. Do high capacity diapers ruin the baby experience?

Personally, I prefer those wIth more absorbancy because I can't even get a full wetting in without my goodnites leaking. Also, I have no one to change me and changing myself doesn't lend to the kid feeling (if I were to use tape diapers as opposed to training pants). So yeah, I want some dry 24/7s lol

jcrowley1985

I would love to change every two hours, but it's more of a financial reason for me why I can only use like 1 maybe 2 diapers per day.

I still have other things that add to the baby experience (or in my case toddler experience as I usually regress to the 4-5 year old age range). Coloring books, pacifiers, cute bedding and curtains.

I agree with crowley, (im more age 2-3) it really is a financial thing. but to answer the question, it depends on the diaper. if they wick really well then i dont mind, but if it stays wet for a while then its no.

jcrowley1985

Quote Originally Posted by spdyturtle11 View Post
    I agree with crowley, (im more age 2-3) it really is a financial thing. but to answer the question, it depends on the diaper. if they wick really well then i dont mind, but if it stays wet for a while then its no.
    The average infant uses 8-10 diapers per day their first year. That's 56-70 diapers per WEEK if you want the true "baby" experience. I'm glad I'm more into regressing to a toddler age. Where it's less about constant diaper changes and more about the "exploration" and "playfulness" that makes you get in the regression mindset.

The amount I tend to go, I need a high capacity diaper, especially overnights.

When I wear Attends I need a diaper change every 3 hours or less. I felt more like a baby getting it's diaper change every so often. As for overnights diapers I am glad that Dry 24/7 diapers are out there because I would have wet bed sheets. Dry 24/7 diapers and Bambino Bellissimo diapers have been doing a great job keeping me and my bed dry, do to my bed wetting problems. As for your question "Do high capacity diapers ruin the baby experience?" My answer is no. When I am wearing my diaper I felt like a baby or toddler. I still have fun. I also wear my onesie over my diaper. I still use my pacifier or my bottle. I have my blanket with me too.

High capacity doesn't ruin the experience at for me at all.

I like the thickness that comes with it, and I like just being able to wear a diaper for a long period of time without worrying about leaks or being uncomfortable.

I guess it isn't realistic if I wanted to wear diapers in order to simulate what it would be like to wear diapers while I was younger, but apparently that's not what my abdlism is about.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyFofo View Post
    High capacity doesn't ruin the experience at for me at all.

I like the thickness that comes with it, and I like just being able to wear a diaper for a long period of time without worrying about leaks or being uncomfortable.

I guess it isn't realistic if I wanted to wear diapers in order to simulate what it would be like to wear diapers while I was younger, but apparently that's not what my abdlism is about.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I just feel like most parents these days would fall out of their chair at the idea of they precious little baby wearing a diaper for 8-12 hours during the day time. Some parents change their babies in the middle of the night.

I guess it could be a generational thing too. From what I have heard diapers used to be changed like once every few days back in the 1800s.

jcrowley1985

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I just feel like most parents these days would fall out of their chair at the idea of they precious little baby wearing a diaper for 8-12 hours during the day time. Some parents change their babies in the middle of the night.

I guess it could be a generational thing too. From what I have heard diapers used to be changed like once every few days back in the 1800s.
    Back in the 1800s, EVERYONE had only two outfits. Your everyday work clothes and a nice outfit for Sunday.