Thread: New to AB/DL Community

Default New to AB/DL Community

Hello?

I am a person with Mild Autism & Mild Cerebral Palsy, both lifelong developmental disabilities.

I wear Stainless Steel/Plastic Ankle-Foot Orthoses leg braces & I use Loftstrand Crutches or my Rollator Walker to help me to "stand & walk"

I am medically incontinent both my bladder & my bowels, & I am also an "Adult Baby".

I do sleep with plush animals, & I play with baby toys.

My bed is equipped with partial length side safety rails to prevent falls.

I am also an "adult survivor" of childhood physical/emotional/sexual abuse & neglect.

Only want to meet other Adult Babies of my own age.

I am Age 55, & I am retired on Social Security.

Quote Originally Posted by TCWWITHAUTISMANDCP View Post
    Hello?

I am a person with Mild Autism & Mild Cerebral Palsy, both lifelong developmental disabilities.

I wear Stainless Steel/Plastic Ankle-Foot Orthoses leg braces & I use Loftstrand Crutches or my Rollator Walker to help me to "stand & walk"

I am medically incontinent both my bladder & my bowels, & I am also an "Adult Baby".

I am also an "adult survivor" of childhood physical/emotional/sexual abuse & neglect.

Hi, TCW, welcome to the community. I hope you have a fine time while you are here and find what you are looking for.

Welcome. I am closer to your age than most here: it happens to all of us... I am especially devoted to this site but Daily Diapers has its loyal devotees too and you may want to give them a look too, as they have a bit of an older demographic. Lots of us here and there have physical and mental issues of all sorts and degrees and are "retired, medical.I am not ab myself - diapers have been a lifelong fetish; longer even than my furry tendencies. . You might also look at fetlife: it has many littles groups, and members into all manner of diaper play and for all sorts of reasons: ab, humiliation, older ageplay, cross-dressing, anything you could imagine. Live meeting is especially common there, especially for non-sexual ageplay. Don't ignore the diaperfurs and babyfurs either! They are padded people too, with tons in common with you: the diapers, plushies, pacis, furniture and all the rest of it.

RainbowShy

Hello?

I have autism as well. I also have ADHD, severe anxiety and intellectual disabilities. Believe it or not, I'm actually on social security under my dad. I did have a job through life skills, but it turned into a disaster. It made me realize that having a job would be something I could never handle. Mentally, I'm a child ad physically I am 24.

But anyway, welcome to the forums~

I want to welcome you as well. ADISC is a great support site, and there are a number of members on the autism scale. I'm an older member at age 65, so we have some shared history. Though I'm healthy, my wife is diabetic and has Charcot foot in both feet. She can walk a little, but if we're out in a store, she either needs her walker or her electric cart. I sympathize with those who find walking difficult. It's something most of us take for granted, until something happens to diminish it.

When I was 14 I walked in front of a car which was traveling at 40 mph. It broke both my tibia and fibula, and I was unable to walk for half a year. Now I enjoy walking and riding my bike. All of life is precious, and though circumstances can make living difficult, we find ways to compensate, and look for that which brings us some happiness. My wife and I have our routine, which includes going out to dinner, reading, watching movies, and enjoying our sun room when the weather permits. We find ways and I'm sure you do.

I'm sorry that you were abused as a child. You will find many members here who have experienced the same thing, including myself. My abuse came from older kids, not my parents, but abuse is abuse. I wish you well and hope you enjoy ADISC.

Hello?

Welcome TCW to ADISC. I'm one of the oldest members here at age 73. Will turn 74 next month. I've been retired now going on 9 years. What interests or hobbies do you have?
    Myself I like Texas Rangers baseball and NASCAR. I can't get around myself much either since I can't drive. I also have urge IC and wear 24/7.

Thank you all for welcoming me.

Now evening here on 7/11/2013, & besides spending time here looking @ different postings, I am doing some tinkering with electronics, my "former" career.