Thread: Different paci sizes??

Default Different paci sizes??

Can someone explain the difference in the sizing for pacifiers? I've seen different sizes in the stores and I barely paid attention when I was buying some, not giving it a second thought. Then I just looked at the 2 packages and realized they have different sizes. 1 was a store brand Winnie the Pooh and the other was Mam 0-6 mo size. What sizes to people recommend and why?

Well there are 3 sizes that the general public know of. Size 1 which is the smallest. Sizes 2 and then 3 are for more of the older babies. But there is size 4 and 5 for adults. The MAM 0-6 mo is basically for newborns and can be categorized as Size 1, so the nipple will be really small. If you can, find something a little bigger and get a Size 3 pacifier, which is found in stores. Sizes 4 and 5 are specifically modified for adults and can only be found on the Internet.

I suggest looking into the following websites such as PacifiersRUs, Inner-Child, or Mommy's Nursery on Ebay.

Also, if you just need basic info, there is an article here on ADISC that you can look into.

Hope I helped.

Baby Pacifiers for Adults Do cheap AB paci's too ^_^ As for childrens ones, try to get a MAM 12-18 months or a NUK size 3 But usually it'a all about preference, you what feels good to you! I wouldn't suggest bothering with anything under 6months though personally.

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanBear View Post
    As for childrens ones, try to get a MAM 12-18 months or a NUK size 3 But usually it'a all about preference, you what feels good to you! I wouldn't suggest bothering with anything under 6months though personally.
    prob just being pedantic cos i love this subject, but I think the MAM is sort of 12 to infinity (or perhaps 36m) as its just a rename of the German MAM 16+ so it can't be just 16-18m!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by li1arianna View Post
    Can someone explain the difference in the sizing for pacifiers? I've seen different sizes in the stores and I barely paid attention when I was buying some, not giving it a second thought. Then I just looked at the 2 packages and realized they have different sizes. 1 was a store brand Winnie the Pooh and the other was Mam 0-6 mo size. What sizes to people recommend and why?
    Hi lil1arianna

have a look at this discussion I started especially post 6 where I explain about the sizes:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-baby/74936-excited-im-getting-some-big-dummies.html

My favorite paci as far as nipple sizes go are the tommee tippee size 3. I don't much care for the Shields or designs so I just take the nipple off and put it on a mam button shield and it makes a perfect paci for me! ^-^

Hey,

I would Recommend reading this:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/1...pacifiers.html

And then reading this:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...pacifiers.html

Both contain a lot of detail about dummies and pacifiers which should help you.

FlightSimPro