Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you relieve you stress?

RainbowShy

Exclamation How do you relieve you stress?

I don't mean in an abdl way. Though, if you do then that's cool too. Just remember that my options are pretty limited in the AB sense of things. ^^ I put this in off topic since I not really asking about the way you relieve stress AB style.

Anyway, how do you relieve stress? I learned you can stressed and not know it. That's me. I realized I am because I haven't been sleeping well, snap at my parent a lot and feel generally moody. I do have anxiety medication, but it doesn't always work. Don't worry about the doctor/psychiatrist visit. I have a follow-up with my psychiatrist in a month or two.

I just need to know some affective ways to relieve I until then. I've tried meditation, writing down my thoughts... but it's hard to do any of that stuff when you have a mother that asks twenty questions about why you have your eyes closed. >_> Plus, I can't seem to relax, so that is out. I do listen to music, and it takes my mind of things... yet can't listen to it twenty four seven. :/

help?

In a adult way i play my guitars that helps me a lot i think writing down your thoughts is a great way of finding out things about your own self if what you are writing your true feelings. I do find music to be a great and as art i will lose my self when i'm working on a project. But for me a big thing that helps and makes me feel better is my nappies it just takes away any stress i might be feeling Nappy therapy lol. I think the key is to step back and look at the at the reason why your feeling stress't and working out what you can do or what you need to do and if its really worth being stress't over it. Every one is different and has there own way of dealing with stress its just apart of life just as any other emotions are. I say what ever make you happy go for it life is short and sweet live for the moment. bug hugs little leo

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    In a adult way i play my guitars that helps me a lot i think writing down your thoughts is a great way of finding out things about your own self if what you are writing your true feelings. I do find music to be a great and as art i will lose my self when i'm working on a project. But for me a big thing that helps and makes me feel better is my nappies it just takes away any stress i might be feeling Nappy therapy lol. I think the key is to step back and look at the at the reason why your feeling stress't and working out what you can do or what you need to do and if its really worth being stress't over it. Every one is different and has there own way of dealing with stress its just apart of life just as any other emotions are. I say what ever make you happy go for it life is short and sweet live for the moment. bug hugs little leo
    But that's the problem. I have no idea why I get stressed. There's no reason for me to BE stressed, and yet I stress over things anyway. It's probably because of the autism or something because it seems like the cause for everything. >< I can't really wer diapers unless I'm on my period. I get them for that, but I use them secretly for wetting too. Problem is, I ran out of my good ones and I can't use to maxi pads because they leak.

I actually notice that peeing in diapers increases my stress a little more. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it. I try not to do it a lot because I fear I'll rely too much on diapers. I'm in a situation where my parents are against anything babyish. Thy only allow me o carry around and sleep with my anime plushies, Scarfy and bumble bee. D: I'm lucky I'm a girl too, or I wouldn't be able to get the store brand diapers alone.

I think a lot of it has to do with autism and memory problems, I remember very little about my childhood, so I yearn that chance just to act babyish to fulfill that void. I start realizing how mich I wish I could suck on a pacifier and relieve the childhood I hardly remember living, you know?

Anyway, back on topic... I don't usually write journals. I do keep logs on my health issues. My iPad can read wha I write my psychiatrist and my doctor. Since I'm autistic, verbal and emotional expression is a challenge. Yes, I can speak normally... I jus lack the verbal expression to be able to say, "my tummy hurts, but I don't know why". It takes effort just say that alone because I get plagued by sudden anxiety. I realize I rely a lot in writing because it soothes my anxiety, yet I can't get myself to write own my thoughts because I have nothing to write.

In fact, I think stress is what got me into writing stories. I started writing in the fifth grade, and I've been doing it since. It's one of the things that I consider to be my escape from everything, just like music. I actually like to sing since I don't have any instruments to learn or play. My iPad does help relieve some of my stress though since it takes my mind of it.the only problem is that it doesn't go away.

I usually know I'm stressed because... I don't know if you've heard of this happening, but I break out in hives. My doctor said it has a lot to do with my stress and severe anxiety. I have to take medication for it, but lately it doesn't work as well. I was tested for any possible allergic reactions, but everything came back negative. The on,y real cause seemed to be two things: stress and anxiety.

alot of the things I do to relieve it don't work anymore since my brain is so accustomed to doing them. It's like when you take medication or a pill. That pill could be for say, ADHD, okay? Well, for a whle it works really well, but then it starts working very little until soon it doesn't work at all. Do you know why that happens? Your brain or body becomes used to how the pill works, what it does and how it helps. It can only work for so long until it stops working, and you either have try different medication or o etching stronger.

I know because I've taken medication for my ADHD for years o know how pills work. I've only now been able l stick with what I'm currently taking. I have to take another pill just to keep my emotions under control too, or I beome suicidal and lacking the control for them alone. It took telling my psychiatrist to explain to him on my iPad what I was going through, and that was hard.

Sorry I made this so long. I started rambling. XD

I'm not a very stressed person but it comes around from time to time. I find that going for a walk is often helpful. If it is something specific that is bothering me, I often work it over a little better while walking. If it's more general, I try to put that feeling aside for the time being and find some other matter that's involved enough to occupy my thoughts (preferably something with a solution). I would join littleleo in recommending a journal. Sometimes more general feelings of dismay dissipate when I go through what is troubling me piece by piece, even if I don't arrive at a resolution in the writing. Even if it doesn't do a thing for you, you'll have a record of how you were feeling and doing at a given time.

Hello. Most of what I have to say has been stated but not point blank.

I have clinical depression with spells of anxiety. There is a lot of coping mechanisms that can be helpful. The problem is that what works for me may not work for you or the next person. That is why the therapists usually teach multiple techniques over the course of several visits. The other problem is that the techniques is only as good as the frequency that it is used. Coping mechanisms take time and effort. However that in and of its self can add to the stress and not help. This is what I struggle with because at times I fell like I am spending more time grounding to become motivated then actually getting things done.

Big big thing though is that your therapist needs to be involved in the teaching of the skills and follow up.

I just posted on a thread about hobbies and that is what a lot of my coping skills are made to look like (stupid spell check will not give me the word I am looking for).

Keeping a journal is a useful tool because it will show trends and frequency of events.

Also consider thoughts as something to track. Negative thoughts are also a big problem for me and that leads to anxiety.

So learning how to challenge reoccurring thoughts and find or figure out the "kernel of truth" and establishing a correct reality is also a coping mechanism for cognitive thinking. I had to deal with this aspect of my life first, then we were able to start looking at underlying issues to smooth out the depression cycles that I was having.

The last issue that I challenged was about six months ago and it was this strange condition that we Identified as Paraphilic infantilism. Now that my therapist and I are working on this it is looking more like a PTSD and we are using it against its self as a diaper therapy coping mechanism. Things have improved in the chronic shame self loathing issues that I was not dealing with are a thing of the past and I am looking to see what the next thing to separate from the mental issues will identify its self and I can actually get to having a non issue life.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Hello. Most of what I have to say has been stated but not point blank.

I have clinical depression with spells of anxiety. There is a lot of coping mechanisms that can be helpful. The problem is that what works for me may not work for you or the next person. That is why the therapists usually teach multiple techniques over the course of several visits. The other problem is that the techniques is only as good as the frequency that it is used. Coping mechanisms take time and effort. However that in and of its self can add to the stress and not help. This is what I struggle with because at times I fell like I am spending more time grounding to become motivated then actually getting things done.

Big big thing though is that your therapist needs to be involved in the teaching of the skills and follow up.

I just posted on a thread about hobbies and that is what a lot of my coping skills are made to look like (stupid spell check will not give me the word I am looking for).

Keeping a journal is a useful tool because it will show trends and frequency of events.

Also consider thoughts as something to track. Negative thoughts are also a big problem for me and that leads to anxiety.

So learning how to challenge reoccurring thoughts and find or figure out the "kernel of truth" and establishing a correct reality is also a coping mechanism for cognitive thinking. I had to deal with this aspect of my life first, then we were able to start looking at underlying issues to smooth out the depression cycles that I was having.

The last issue that I challenged was about six months ago and it was this strange condition that we Identified as Paraphilic infantilism. Now that my therapist and I are working on this it is looking more like a PTSD and we are using it against its self as a diaper therapy coping mechanism. Things have improved in the chronic shame self loathing issues that I was not dealing with are a thing of the past and I am looking to see what the next thing to separate from the mental issues will identify its self and I can actually get to having a non issue life.
    Actually, I don't have one. I did at one time... but they stopped having it so that people who needed individual therapy could no longer get it. I want to tell my psychiatrist about my ABDL urges... but I don't know how to really explain to him. Plus, he's a guy so... that makes it a little harder for me. I know it probably has a lot to do with my autism which is something he will say. I could probably trust him pretty easily though but still... :/ I know most of my stress comes from the challenges of having to be an adult, and I don't want to be an adult. I just want to be myself.

I'd have to make sure that if I told my psychiatrist about these ABDL urges that my parents understood those reasons as well. I'm not so much worried about my dad being against it... he's usually a bit more understanding because he listens. My mom on the other hand is the one that jumps in the middle of what I try to explain to her the moment I mention something she doesn't approve of.

I enjoy walking and biking, and playing the occasional video game. When my wife's health collapsed, I returned to writing to deal with the stress. I started a novel based on a place I lived as a child, a way to return to a part of my childhood. 600 pages later, I'm almost done and ready to publish. Stress can be very productive.

kick a soccer ball as hard as possible, running/biking

I swear to god guitar has saved my life. Whenever something makes me feel uncomfortable or uneasy I play guitar. I also play it when Im happy tired, just woken up ect. but that's besides the point. :P
    I figured out a while ago that the best things for me were getting at least 8 hours of sleep, preferably 10, and staying hydrated. If you get behind on either of those things, any stress you already have with be amplified 10 fold.
    I tend to also tense up and give myself headaches, so i try to just take a step back and relive the tension in those muscles.
    A lot of stress is physical. If you put yourself in the best physical situation possible, you may find that whatever problems you have dont seem so impossible.
    As a side note, AB activities have also really helped me. Just lying in bed listening to music and sucking on a pacifier can really make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by AutisticChessie View Post
    I don't mean in an abdl way.

help?
    For me, the following activities have proven to be highly effective in this regard (anti-stress)

- Sports... work out, running, boxing... even "beating up the boxing bag" helps a LOT.
    - Riding my motorcycles (honestly riding a demanding stretch of roadwork at high (legal though) speeds: nothing takes my mind away from day to day stuff like this... it's pure Zen-Meditation - you are the moment, there is no past, there is no future, there is just "NOW" and all the focus is at the current task.
    - Cooking. (I'm a bit of a passionated "chef" at home an love to prepare VERY elaborate dinners for friends (5-8 courses... all matched up, all timed).