Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Does anyone remember Shining Time Station?

  1. #1
    RainbowShy

    Default Does anyone remember Shining Time Station?

    I was just curious. I haven't found anyone that remembers watching this. It was one of my most favorite childhood shows. I loved and still love it to this day. I was really sad when I heard they don't show this on PBS anymore.

  2. #2

    Default

    Sorry, no, never heard of it. I just went out to wikipedia to see it's history. Looks like it is related to Thomas & Friends, which I have seen in the past few months.

  3. #3

    Default

    OH YEAH. I think I would have to go with Ringo Star as the best "Mister Conductor". George Carlin was a close second, but after that sorry not cigar!

    P.S. I watched it on PBS so I could see "Thomas the Tank engine" to figure out how they did the scenery. I was detailing my model railroad at the time. About three years later "model railroader" Magazine did three articles interviewing the set director. The built 20 x 16 sets then filmed every possible shot, then tore it down and set up the next set. The biggest problem they had was getting a camera that would shot at the correct prospective without distorting the back scenery.

    About six months after that everyone had to submit pictures of their layouts with details on how they did it better with a smaller camera then the last article.

  4. #4
    RainbowShy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by 11hinzvic View Post
    Sorry, no, never heard of it. I just went out to wikipedia to see it's history. Looks like it is related to Thomas & Friends, which I have seen in the past few months.
    It isn't though. They don't really include or talk bout shining time station. That's why I hated the most about Thomas and Friends. It's as if it never existed. D:

    If it is, then maybe I'm not giving it a chance. I don't really know. I just know they never mention shining time station from what I've actually seen...



    Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    OH YEAH. I think I would have to go with Ringo Star as the best "Mister Conductor". George Carlin was a close second, but after that sorry not cigar!

    P.S. I watched it on PBS so I could see "Thomas the Tank engine" to figure out how they did the scenery. I was detailing my model railroad at the time. About three years later "model railroader" Magazine did three articles interviewing the set director. The built 20 x 16 sets then filmed every possible shot, then tore it down and set up the next set. The biggest problem they had was getting a camera that would shot at the correct prospective without distorting the back scenery.

    About six months after that everyone had to submit pictures of their layouts with details on how they did it better with a smaller camera then the last article.
    I never knew that. I always figured it would be hard to film something like that though, but I never knew ow it worked. O.O

  5. #5

    Default

    Remember it? I have all the episodes on VHS somewhere in my basement. I also have the movie Thomas and the Magic Railroad on both VHS and DVD

    Ringo was definitely my favorite Mister Conductor, although I have to admit Alec Baldwin did a fairly good job in Thomas and the Magic Railroad.

  6. #6
    RainbowShy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    Remember it? I have all the episodes on VHS somewhere in my basement. I also have the movie Thomas and the Magic Railroad on both VHS and DVD

    Ringo was definitely my favorite Mister Conductor, although I have to admit Alec Baldwin did a fairly good job in Thomas and the Magic Railroad.

    Ive seen that. XD I was actually happy they remembered Shining Time Station when they made that movie. I just didn't feel much memory from watching it without schemer or the jukebox band.

  7. #7

    Default

    I remember hearing about "Shining Time Station" in the "Thomas And The Magic Railroad" movie, but I had no idea it was an actual television show until recently. That might be because, according to Wikipedia, it was an American show that used clips from the British "Thomas The Tank Engine" series.

  8. #8

    Default

    Ringo and George Carlin were great. My mom used to make comments about George Carlin that I didn't understand at the time. She thought it was funny he was so good at doing children's programming considering what he's generally known for.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-Sep-2012, 04:08
  2. Remember remember the 5th of November
    By nappieddude1589 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-Nov-2011, 04:53
  3. Radio station wants ab/dl...
    By Swift in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 30-May-2011, 02:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.