Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Default Shaving

Hello I am new and i think this relevant to diapers. anyways i heard that you should shave if you are wearing diapers so i did but i was wondering if you guys had some tips on shaving my manly man parts with out bleeding out in the tub. And thanks in advance

Trim with scissors first, you don't want to try shaving it all off. Use a decent razer, not the cheapest pack you can get. A lot of people use women's razors as the blades are set at a lesser angle to reduce nicks, but I've never had an issue with normal razors. Let the hair sit for at least 5 minutes in warm water. Shave slowly, with the hair the first time, and then a second time against. Hold the skin taught when shaving. Do not shave a third time over an area this first time, the skin will already be irritated and itch like you wouldn't believe, don't make it worse than it has to be. No aftershave, and do it at a time when you won't have to do a lot of moving around for the next few days, trust me you won't want to move.

I've been shaving down there for over 20 years. I use a Gillette Sensor with a 3 blade cartridge and foamy with no problems. I shave in the shower every morning.
    It takes a little time and practice to get right. Also if you have a rotary electric razor you can try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
    Trim with scissors first, you don't want to try shaving it all off. Use a decent razer, not the cheapest pack you can get. A lot of people use women's razors as the blades are set at a lesser angle to reduce nicks, but I've never had an issue with normal razors. Let the hair sit for at least 5 minutes in warm water. Shave slowly, with the hair the first time, and then a second time against. Hold the skin taught when shaving. Do not shave a third time over an area this first time, the skin will already be irritated and itch like you wouldn't believe, don't make it worse than it has to be. No aftershave, and do it at a time when you won't have to do a lot of moving around for the next few days, trust me you won't want to move.
    Well i learned that you should not move the hard way (they are so prickly) i used a womens razor thanks to my mom. thanks for the tips

I use a Panasonic body groomer and it works quick and flawlessly every time. I find it far easier than a razor....

I use Phillips Body-groom. A little pricey at first but WORTH IT! It shaves completely bare, and in the 2 years I've had it, I've only nicked myself once...and that was last week. I think the blades are getting dull.

Quote Originally Posted by littleswimmer View Post
    Hello I am new and i think this relevant to diapers. anyways i heard that you should shave if you are wearing diapers so i did but i was wondering if you guys had some tips on shaving my manly man parts with out bleeding out in the tub. And thanks in advance
    Use a fresh razor
    Shave with the grain
    Take your time
    Do not press very hard
    Have a hydrocortisone cream on hand for the first time, it's going to itch a LOT
    Start removing hair in one area at a time, don't go overboard the first time or you may never want to shave again

I've been shaved in the front of my diaper area for the last 2 years and I absolutely love it and would never want to go back. I'll put the next bit in a spoiler in case some readers don't want to read a more detailed account of the pros.

Yeah I think most people shave. I used to trim and now I just completely shave my bits. Lol
    It helps alot with hygiene and cleanup

I've been using an anti-bump (bikini-area) shave gel (From Walgreen's)...and a 5-blade raze...really liking it...there's an after gel for bump reduction that I'm hoping to get any day...

Shaving is definitely the way to go. So much more comfortable, although as has been mentioned, it can be hell if you don't maintain it and it starts to get a little long. Pretty much any advice I can give as already been mentioned, just make sure when doing your scrotum you pull the skin as tight as possible and don't press too hard and you should be just fine.

Nothing better than having a diaper on with everything nice and smooth.

I will ask since we're on the topic, has anyone ever tried any hair removal cream like Nair or something along the lines of? I'm thinking about trying it (not on my penis or balls obviously, but above) just to make the smoothness last longer.