Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I might be a furry

Default I might be a furry

So I'm starting to believe I might be a furry. I like looking at babyfur art and even thought it might be cool to wear ears or a tail or even a collar. I just don't know if I'm comfortable with the "furry" label yet.

All these things you mentioned are indicators (although not criteria) to call yourself a furry. There are no real criteria, only levels. Merely calling yourself furry is sufficient

Well, are you awesome?
    All Furries have to be at least 80% awesome, you know.
    For BFs, the required amount of awesomeness is even higher.
    Yup. Its complex ^^

RainbowShy

I love wearing cat ears! XD I've always been fascinated by cats and even wished I was one. I go as I cat for Halloween nearly every year. Though, I've never considered being a furry... I love being around them and have no problem seeing them at my anime con. I even ask them for hugs because their costumes feel so soft and fluffy. I have at least one picture of myself with two furries.

Could that mean I'm a furry too? O.o I've always kind of wondered myself actually. I put cat collars on all my favorite plushies for no reason too. I kind of like the pound of bell collars, and I wouldn't mind wearing one... I know there's no criteria, but it wold be nice if there were some traits or things cold go by to tell if you are one or even close to one. D:

Merely calling yourself furry is sufficient
    You shouldn't consider yourself a trekkie without liking Star Trek. Same logic applies to furry fans.

Since there's some confusion over how one is to tell if you're a furry (or not) I put together a simple guide:

Sorry if it's not the answer you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by AutisticChessie View Post
    I love wearing cat ears! XD I've always been fascinated by cats and even wished I was one. I go as I cat for Halloween nearly every year. Though, I've never considered being a furry... I love being around them and have no problem seeing them at my anime con. I even ask them for hugs because their costumes feel so soft and fluffy. I have at least one picture of myself with two furries.

Could that mean I'm a furry too? O.o I've always kind of wondered myself actually. I put cat collars on all my favorite plushies for no reason too. I kind of like the pound of bell collars, and I wouldn't mind wearing one... I know there's no criteria, but it wold be nice if there were some traits or things cold go by to tell if you are one or even close to one. D:
    Maybe you just like cats.

Like it has been said before, those things mentioned are indicators of being a furry, but it is up to you to decide if you are one.

Being a furry is fun! How else can you get away with pouncing on someone and wrapping your tail around them?

--sf

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHare View Post
    Well, are you awesome?
    All Furries have to be at least 80% awesome, you know.
    For BFs, the required amount of awesomeness is even higher.
    Yup. Its complex ^^
    I couldnt have said it better my self! Ive always kinda liked fuzzy ears and tails... so here i am

Oh and if you are around me wearing nekomimi, you'll automatically get a scritch on your head. I can't help it.

--sf

I've enjoyed my last two years. My sister got me into the fandom, and now i cant get out. ^^