Thread: paci hurts the roof of my mouth. normal?

Default paci hurts the roof of my mouth. normal?

I use my paci mostly at night to help me fall asleep. sometimes during the day to de-stress while at home. but it never fails, always after about 5-10 min of use it hurts the roof of my mouth. when I suck it rubs on the roof of my mouth, which in time becomes sore. It's not super painful ,more annoying.

do I need a new paci ( bigger/smaller ), do all pacis do that, help?

Thanks y'all!! *hugs*

if it helps I have three pacis, two med sized ones and one small one. they all do the same thing D:

What size paci are you using? Also you can try both latex or silicone to see which is best for you. I myself use silicone. I use the size 7's from pacifiersrus.

two are MAM for 6 months and the third one I'm unsure, but it's smaller. Is it better to have bigger or smaller ?
    hmmm I will try that! and see what works best! thank you <3

Try a Nuk 5. The website baby-pants.com has them for pretty cheap. They have the MAM mouth peice with a nuk 5 nipple. It is the best and only costs about $23. The Latex nipple is so soft and it fits in the adult mouth so well. They are very comfy to suck on

Quote Originally Posted by Shido View Post
    I use my paci mostly at night to help me fall asleep. sometimes during the day to de-stress while at home. but it never fails, always after about 5-10 min of use it hurts the roof of my mouth. when I suck it rubs on the roof of my mouth, which in time becomes sore. It's not super painful ,more annoying.

do I need a new paci ( bigger/smaller ), do all pacis do that, help?

Thanks y'all!! *hugs*

if it helps I have three pacis, two med sized ones and one small one. they all do the same thing D:
    When I started using my paci the same thing happened for a few weeks; now my mouth doesn't hurt at all even after having it in all night. Just had to get used to it I suppose. I notice at first, in order to keep it from falling out, I had to concentrate and suck on it. Now it stays put no matter what and I can get to sleep a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by TyTy View Post
    When I started using my paci the same thing happened for a few weeks; now my mouth doesn't hurt at all even after having it in all night. Just had to get used to it I suppose. I notice at first, in order to keep it from falling out, I had to concentrate and suck on it. Now it stays put no matter what and I can get to sleep a lot faster.
    ah!! so practice makes perfect!!! ok then! I will give it time
    thanks so much ^^

Maybe it's not the size that's the problem? Have you tried getting different shaped nipples? Maybe you need the flat bottomed ones instead of rounded ones?

Anywho good luck!!