Thread: Amazon Shipping

Default Amazon Shipping

Has anyone used amazon to buy diapers before? Will amazon ship directly to a FedEx store?

I have used Amazon for many diaper purchases but I have not used a FedEx store for a delivery address. I don't see why they wouldn't as long as it's a valid address. Give Amazon a call or send an e-mail and ask them is the only thing I can suggest.

I don't know about FedEx, but any UPS Store will accept packages if you're a mailbox holder, and some even if you're not (call them first)

With amazon it depends on the source of the product. Make sure it says amazon is the seller, or that it's a fulfilled by amazon store. Those stores will ship to any address that's accepted by Amazon's normal shipping systems and they'll come in the standard smiling amazon logo box.

If it's a place that ships directly from their own business there's no telling what kind of package it'll show up in.

I have just about everything I order from anywhere shipped to my UPS Store box. I've never had a problem. It's one of the stored addresses in my Amazon account and I ship tons of Amazon Prime stuff as well as stuff from independent sellers.

In my experience with Amazon, smaller items are shipped through a Fedex service, but arrive by USPS. Larger packages, like a bag of Abenas or Molicares for example, will ship by UPS. Like oreocookie said, if the product is fulfilled by Amazon, it will ship by amazon. If not, check with the seller. Bambinos ship the sample packs by USPS, and everything else UPS. Northshore shipped USPS last time I ordered from them. Check to be sure though.

I have UPS Mychoice which means if a package is shipped by UPS, I can redirect it to the store for pickup. You can redirect one shipment for a five dollar fee instead of forty dollars for a year. I have heard that Fedex will accept shipments from anybody, but I have not tried that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MolicareMan View Post
    I don't know about FedEx, but any UPS Store will accept packages if you're a mailbox holder, and some even if you're not (call them first)
    Amazon ships exclusively with UPS. I imagine a UPS store would likely receive a UPS package for you without being a UPS box holder.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Amazon ships exclusively with UPS. I imagine a UPS store would likely receive a UPS package for you without being a UPS box holder.
    UPS will ship to stores, but there's a fee associated with shipping to UPS stores.

If you miss the first delivery attempt, they will allow you to have it held at the local distribution facility for free which will have a small walk-in office for shipping/receiving packages (these facilities are generally located a bit out of the way in industrial areas of town), but you have to call them. Their website does not make it obvious that you can do this or give you an ability to set it up online.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Actually if you live in one of the few places in the US that UPS doesn't cover they'll ship USPS if the package is small enough or they'll try to ship FedEx if USPS can't take it. I only know that because I briefly lived an area where UPS wouldn't deliver

Amazon ships by a bunch of different things depending on where you are in relationship to the warehouse it ships from. I've ordered books at 4PM and had them on my doorstep by 8AM the next morning as they've shipped them by some local courier from the warehouse across town. The "smart post" type thing where they ship by some commerical carrier to the local post office is another common.

FEDEX stores (i.e. Kinkos) only accept regular fedex deliveries. The UPS stores will accept anything (UPS, FEDEX, regular mail).