Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not trying to be mean but the majority of people on here are nerdy

Question Not trying to be mean but the majority of people on here are nerdy

I know the title seems mean but let me clarify. The majority of people on here are into anime and other things like that. I feel like I'm the only one here who's not into that. What's your opinion ? And please don't harrass me cause the topic !

Other than mainstream sites like Facebook and Youtube, that goes for just about every internet community. Forums are pretty much nerdy by default, and I'd say that this one has a surprisingly high amount of extroverts and "normals" if anything.

That's definitely true ! But me being a dl and being totally different. I'm a jock and hot rod guy, never seen anyone else like that on here

Quote Originally Posted by drewx View Post
    I know the title seems mean but let me clarify. The majority of people on here are into anime and other things like that. I feel like I'm the only one here who's not into that. What's your opinion ? And please don't harrass me cause the topic !
    Personally I'm more into Town Planning than Sustainable Architecture, I don't know which of those is more nerdy... ;-)

I'm not a huge anime fan myself - I'll watch Studio Ghibli movies, but that's about it. The thing is though, a lot of "nerdy" or "geeky" things cross-over between being acceptable past times for adults, and being "for kids" - anime, western cartoons, video games ect. In a community of age-players it's to be expected that they'd be popular. I've looked at your listed non-ABDL interests, and I don't see anything that obscure. If you'd like the chance to chat about some of those things with people on here, all you've got to do is start a little off-topic thread ;-)

Well you make a great case for you not being one. Because you posted this in the "Diaper Talk" when this discussion has nothing to do about diapers. :P

That's definitely true ! But me being a dl and being totally different. I'm a jock and hot rod guy, never seen anyone else like that on here

I'm an outdoorsman and a Jeeper. I do not care for any of the anime stuff or anything AB related. You have to remember that you are a nerd as well. You probably possess nerd levels of knowledge, stats, names, teams, people etc. etc. etc in your fields of hobby. But, you are correct that a vast majority of the people on this specialized site tend to have a lot of the same interests.

I for one have always wanted to run into another DL Jeeper/gearhead for a diapered wrenching session, but that ain't gonna happen I don't think.

Not into anime, and while I love fantasy books and have jobs in programming and network security I also white water kayak, rockclimb, and mountain-bike (Although these usually require trips as I live in Illinois. Ice silo climbing is still a fun in-state alternative.)

Not into anime in a big way but I am an old school nerd, took all electronics and shop classes available in HS, avoided all sports and now at 54 work designing, building and maintaining all sorts of equipment.

I freaking love anime, but at the same time I freaking love sports and other things not related to either of those, I think that yes, this forum and others are full of nerdy people. But there is nothing wrong with that and we should be proud that we are all different.