Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Diapers not for sale anymore

Default Adult Diapers not for sale anymore

So, I have been out of my home country (US) for quite some time now without very much downtime and was looking forward to being home again. I have returned to a drought though, a famine of proportions that I was un-aware. There do not seem to be any stores selling adult diapers anymore! I have just relocated to a new area (Wichita Kansas) and have been looking into stores for any form of padding that is not a pull-up and can't find a darn thing.

I actually had more resources to find stuff when I was out of country. I currently don't have an address here so ordering something is not really prudent until I can secure some housing. I just wanted a fix, and form of padding that I could wear and enjoy the feeling again, maybe see a movie. Where can I go? What can I do? And why aren't adult products sold in stores anymore?

On a side note, I would much appreciate any sort of up to date ground intel on any stores or suppliers here in Wichita Kansas if anyone has any?

I never have a problem finding store brand tape-ups at grocery stores or drug stores. It's hard to find Depends Max/Depends with tabs but it's not too difficult to find the store brand.

Newengland area

There are Walgreens all over Wichita, and their website says most have Certainties in stock. Not good quality, but it's better than nothing (they also have attends, depends, and Tena but those aren't in every store.) If you go to Incontinence Products, adult diapers, free shipping $25, discreet shipping, adult incontinence, Tena, Certainty, Depend, Poise, Underpads, Protective Briefs | Walgreens then select a brand and product then click on the find at store you can enter your zip code and it will bring up Walgreen stores in the area with that diaper in stock.

The stores don't sell anything good anymore. You might get a few off-brands or Depend (which really ought to be re-named 'Disappoint') but aside of that, most of the good diapers have to be ordered online. I get my Abena L4's from Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime the shipping is pretty quick, and they have a decent selection of diapers to choose from.

Even pharmacies and medical supply stores don't sell the really good diapers, but you can try there. Nevermind CVS or Rite Aid, look into places near hospitals.

And Craigslist- I've found some good stashes on there for cheap.

Try barneys on west Central right before Zoo Blvd,I haven't been there in sometime but they use to have a large aisle with real diapers. Welcome to the ICT and don't go in to old town alone.

Quote Originally Posted by kwisy View Post
    I never have a problem finding store brand tape-ups at grocery stores or drug stores. It's hard to find Depends Max/Depends with tabs but it's not too difficult to find the store brand.

Newengland area

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
    There are Walgreens all over Wichita, and their website says most have Certainties in stock...

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    Even pharmacies and medical supply stores don't sell the really good diapers, but you can try there. Nevermind CVS or Rite Aid, look into places near hospitals.

And Craigslist- I've found some good stashes on there for cheap.
    Yeah. I have poked my head into 5 different Wal-Greens, Targets, Dillons, and Wal-Marts and they all cary only pull-ups. I have not found a single one that carries a tape on diaper. I can't order anything yet as I don't have a house yet, I'm in hotels for now while looking for housing.

I am just looking for a tape on diaper, any would do. I have even tried a couple Med supply stores here and they had the same measly selection. I know there is someplace to buy something here, just haven't found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    Yeah. I have poked my head into 5 different Wal-Greens, Targets, Dillons, and Wal-Marts and they all cary only pull-ups. I have not found a single one that carries a tape on diaper. I can't order anything yet as I don't have a house yet, I'm in hotels for now while looking for housing.

I am just looking for a tape on diaper, any would do. I have even tried a couple Med supply stores here and they had the same measly selection. I know there is someplace to buy something here, just haven't found it yet.
    Almost all of the store diapers are labeled as pullups, but most have tapes. For instance the Certainties are pullups that are designed to be ripped at the seams near the tapes to turn from a pullup to a taped diaper. The bags usually list the ways the diaper can be worn if you read the print on the sides.

Yeah, even the full-size briefs they sell in stores are the cheap, fabric-backed diapers with the pseudo-velcro tape.

In the daytime I wear a Tena Super Plus pull-up with a stuffer or two. These don't leak unless you really flood them, and they're comfortable- just bulky enough to let you know they are there.

And adult sized see-through plastic pants at a retail outlet? Try that on for size. Gather ye plastic-backed's while ye may... - I suggest stockpiling...until you can move to online shopping...

My best suggestion would be to call the local UPS Store and ask them if you can send a package for pickup there. Explain your temporary living situation. I worked at one back in 2004 and they will accept packages for non-mailbox holders sometimes if you arrange it first. We used to charge like $5 for holding.

After that, order some online.