Thread: Got caught...advice

Exclamation Got caught...advice

I recently came home from vacation for a few days and realized one of my parents found my stuff. I got questioned why I was using them and was reassured nothing would be said to anyone else. To get out of it I lied and said I was using them for a school project (summer session for a science majors) and they believed me because I am a chemistry major and we have been doing tests on different medical supply products.

However, my problem is I froze up afterwards and threw my stash out. I didn't know what to do. My stash was in a good spot its just my family member was rummaging through my room for no reason when I was gone. Back to my problem. I have no diapers now and I am scared to get new ones because I am nervous someone will find them again. I also have no place to hide them. I share a room, have a closet which was converted into a multimedia system and my room is small because their are two beds which take up most of the space. There are no good hiding spots in my room or my house.

I need to get more diapers but I don't want to get caught again.

Thanks.

Well the most important thing is he believed you and you can trust him not to tell any one so on that part your a ok. Do you have a locker where you work if so you might be able to put your nappies in there and take them as you need them just a though. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Infantmess92 View Post
    I recently came home from vacation for a few days and realized one of my parents found my stuff. I got questioned why I was using them and was reassured nothing would be said to anyone else. To get out of it I lied and said I was using them for a school project (summer session for a science majors) and they believed me because I am a chemistry major and we have been doing tests on different medical supply products.

However, my problem is I froze up afterwards and threw my stash out. I didn't know what to do. My stash was in a good spot its just my family member was rummaging through my room for no reason when I was gone. Back to my problem. I have no diapers now and I am scared to get new ones because I am nervous someone will find them again. I also have no place to hide them. I share a room, have a closet which was converted into a multimedia system and my room is small because their are two beds which take up most of the space. There are no good hiding spots in my room or my house.

I need to get more diapers but I don't want to get caught again.

Thanks.
    It sounds like you're in a situation where the only way to move forward is to take a step backwards. Getting any more diapers right away is clearly a bad move because it makes your story fall apart and hurts people. Not getting diapers is obviously hard if not impossible, considering how strong and annoying urges can get.

I don't really think that telling people about your sex life when they don't need to know is a remotely good idea. I certainly wouldn't want people coming up to me and forcing me to see them in a somewhat different light. That said if it's likely that you will be caught if you get diapers again it would probably be better to come out on your own terms when you are prepared for it, rather than getting caught with your pants down. :p

If you have a personal vehicle with some privacy it might be somewhere that you could keep diapers. If you happen to have a gym bag that can be an excellent place to store them, however you normally have to take them out of the bag so it doesn't look awkward. In this case you could always wear while you were out doing things without having much risk at home.

If you can give us a bit more information on your situation we might be able to find a decent solution.

It is all good. The most important thing is they believed you. If you can learn anything from this experience, it should be to find a better hiding place for your stash. A place your parents won't even need to go looking in. I hid them in my closet for the longest time and one day my mother went snooping and found a diaper. I told her it was for my chemistry class and we needed to get SAP for a lab on Monday. She believed me and after that I put my future stashes under my bed. I have drawers that are under my bed. I pull the drawers out and put my stash underneath and then Re-insert the drawer. You just have to find what works best for you. Good luck !

*If* you do get diapers in the future and they are discovered, though, a good way to turn the fib into the truth would be to say that you started using them after your 'experiments'. You just started to enjoy them and here you are. Now, I don't know your parents, but I think that we often misjudge or fear parental reaction to this because there have been some truly horrible things happen to others.

I didn't get into diapers again till after I had moved out but I was a bedwetter off and on through my teenage years. I had a waterbed which was great because there was no mattress to soak up the urine and stink, just the sheets and mattress pad. Well, lo and behold, my folks did catch whiffs whereas I was so used to the smell it didn't faze me. My parents thought the bed itself (because it was heated) was making me wet the bed and that I was too ashamed to say anything to them, so they were going to get rid of the bed and buy me a regular box spring/mattress setup. That's when I told my folks no. I was doing it on purpose because I enjoyed it. They didn' freak out, they just told me that if I did it, then I had to wash my sheets when I got up. Can't have my room smelling like pee.

I would say that only you know your parents, but if there is any possibility that they aren't total tyrants then give them the benefit of the doubt. Yes, there may be some ground rules laid out, such as only wearing on your own time, not around the family or to events or in public, and the worst would be they say, no, not while you live here (and you're imposing that on yourself now). So, when you feel comfortable enough, start replenishing your stash, and be ready to turn a fib into the truth.. sort of. It sure as hell beats lying and walking on eggshells the whole time. Unless you feel like telling them will jeopardize your life, your health, or your living situation, then the fear really is all in your head.

I think the interesting part of this is the fact that your parent/s were pretty understanding. They came to you and asked you, up front, as well as assuring you that this wouldn't become public knowledge. To all those who are talking about how 'the important thing is, they believed your lie' - I'm dubious. Your parents might have genuinely wanted to understand this, or at least let you know that they don't judge you for it.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I truly do appreciate it. I know my parents are understanding, the first thought that came to their mind was I was sick (physically, not mentally). As of right now I need to calm done on my purge of diapers let the situation mellow out and when the time is right, I will order some more. Once again thanks for all of your input into the situation.

Man. If your parents didnt freak out at finding them. just man up and tell them the truth! I laid it out streight to my mother when i got my diapers on monday. She was like meh. Also tell them you arent hurting anyone else nor yourself and that its no big deal.

good luck infantmess!