Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Pulled The Trigger

Smile Finally Pulled The Trigger

Been watching this Airy Fairy Swing listing for over a week and saw the seller dropped the price another $10 the other day, sooooo...I couldn't resist hitting the BIN button. Haba Unisex Airy Fairy Baby Swing Free | eBay

I've always wanted to try one of these ever since another member first posted about them a good while back. It has a 145lb (66kg) static weight limit which is more than I weigh soaking wet. Cheapest retail price I've ever seen was still over $130. To get a new one for $89 and free shipping was a really good deal. Had a little extra in my paypal account to bring the needed funds down to $67 and change. There's still one left at that price if anyone is interested.

~Pramrider

Great,

I wish I was in your weight class...

But, I'm no where close...I weighed over 300 in high school...

Now, I'm a light250, highest I ever weighed in at was 1991 at 346... Yep big...and yes I did play football...

Now I'm a 6' 250# with a measly 46" jacket size...back then I was custom only...no off the rack suit would even come close...but would wear a 19.5" shirt...

B

P.s. now I wish I was 5'5" and 125#

b

Probably for you 250# at 6' is a fairly healthy weight, particularly if you have a larger frame. I'm sure you feel a lot better at 250 than you did at 300 or more. My son is about 6'-4" and weighs 165, but that weight makes him look pretty slim with his height and frame. He really should weigh a little more, however he has medical/allergy issues that keep him from eating a lot of foods that would put more weight on him.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Been watching this Airy Fairy Swing listing for over a week and saw the seller dropped the price another $10 the other day, sooooo...I couldn't resist hitting the BIN button. Haba Unisex Airy Fairy Baby Swing Free | eBay

I've always wanted to try one of these ever since another member first posted about them a good while back. It has a 145lb (66kg) static weight limit which is more than I weigh soaking wet. Cheapest retail price I've ever seen was still over $130. To get a new one for $89 and free shipping was a really good deal. Had a little extra in my paypal account to bring the needed funds down to $67 and change. There's still one left at that price if anyone is interested.

~Pramrider
    Pramrider a good deal you won't be sorry. I weight 175 and I use the Airy Fairy all the time. The one thing your going to have to do is separate the seat from the wood part. To do this I undid the seat and in the two holes in the wood I placed a hook with two washers and two nuts top and bottom of the wood. This will allow the hooks to be locked in place. Now all you have to do is mount the wood part were ever you want it. Now all you do is get in to the seat and standing on a stool hook on to the looks and go for hours of fun

bn3baby

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Great,

I wish I was in your weight class...

But, I'm no where close...I weighed over 300 in high school...

Now, I'm a light250, highest I ever weighed in at was 1991 at 346... Yep big...and yes I did play football...

Now I'm a 6' 250# with a measly 46" jacket size...back then I was custom only...no off the rack suit would even come close...but would wear a 19.5" shirt...

B

P.s. now I wish I was 5'5" and 125#

b
    I'm a big boy too, it's hard finding tools for regression in big sizes. At my biggest I was 6' 1", 365. I was a competitive strength athlete until my back went out on me and without medical insurance, I've been in limbo for the last 2 years, unable to lift any serious weights. I'm down to 285 now.

Sorry to hijack, hehe, but I would never fit in any apparatus made for a baby or a child. However, building one that would fit me? Challenge accepted... maybe. If I ever get the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    I'm a big boy too, it's hard finding tools for regression in big sizes. At my biggest I was 6' 1", 365. I was a competitive strength athlete until my back went out on me and without medical insurance, I've been in limbo for the last 2 years, unable to lift any serious weights. I'm down to 285 now.

Sorry to hijack, hehe, but I would never fit in any apparatus made for a baby or a child. However, building one that would fit me? Challenge accepted... maybe. If I ever get the time.
    Well, Back on topic...

I hope the op's new purchase brings lots of smiles

B

Yes, I had a near fatal car crash and was unable to walk for approx 9 months...

Still have many issues...Bad right foot...Right shoulder, 2 bad discs and still some head trauma...

Anyhow, there are a few things that they make...I have a convaid cx-18 stroller...that is nice...

anyhow, yes building, if i had the energy and ability to stand all day I'd be done with alot of things...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    I hope the op's new purchase brings lots of smiles
    Thanks! I hope so too. The trick will be in finding some alone time to set it up. Until then it will be hidden away in one of my strollers with a cover over it.

Still surprised the other one hasn't sold as yet.

~Pramrider

You'll have to post back after its "tested"...

I'd love to have a bouncer seat...I might have to build one after my crib is done...

Haven't been feeling too good lately...so, no build time...

B

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling too well. I sure hope it's nothing serious going on with your health.

You'll have to post some pics of your finished work.

~Pramrider

jstevens

pramrider, You've made a good purchase.
    bn3baby, I'm using mine with the wooden part still attached - can I ask why you needed to remove yours?

Been searching YouTube...