Thread: Hiding DLfrom spouse...?

Default Hiding DLfrom spouse...?

There are lots of threads about hiding diapers from parents. How do you hide it from your spouse (assuming your spouse doesn't know...)

Do you ever wear in the presence of your spouse?

Now, I'm not married or anywhere close to moving in with my current girlfriend, but in my opinion your spouse/girlfriend should know by the time you move in together, but failing that they should know before the actual wedding (this is of course my opinion, and I have nothing against others that would rather keep it a secret.)

To answer the question, hiding from your spouse would be similar to hiding it from your parents. You need a good hiding spot that he/she would not be likely to check. Possibly something with a lock that he/she would have no interest in. It would be best to wear only when you are guaranteed alone time. Wearing around your spouse seems like a bad idea if you're trying to keep it a secret; it's hard to hide things from people who know you well. Always make sure to have a way of throwing out used diapers a quickly as possible; its easier to hide unused/dry diapers and it would likely cause more problems if a dirty one was discovered.

Well honestly , i think stuff like Kinks need to be something that a couple needs to be open about.
    Be respectful of each others desires AND limitations! Acceptance does not equal participation or liking it.
    If you are not going to blow the importance of it out of proportion it shouldn't be an issue.
    But be moderate in what you ask for - If you only occasionally want to wear discretely, I doubt it's going to be an issue... But if you plan on involving her, or stuff like 24/7' then sometimes even the most open minded person will hit a limit.

But that aside, again, in a relationship a basic degree of honesty is important. Look at it as a foundation to a good communication. And the Ability to communicate, even difficult stuff is of paramount importance if the relationship shall have any real chance to grow.

It's also about trust. If you choose to hide this, and at one point in the future you'll be discovered you will have a massive trust-based problem in your relationship. Most people will not take it easy if their SO hid something like that.

Really, I'd tell her if the relationship is serious.

40 years ago I told my new girlfriend that I sort of liked pee play .. she tried and didn't like it now as my long time life partner she still doesn't but knows that it is something I like , I don't push it on her at all and she doesn't ask, I will often wear around her and she doesn't know or doesn't let on that she knows. once or twice a year we'll get in a small discussion about it and she says everyone has kinks she tells me you never know what all the people you know are into in their own life behind closed doors.. she is a real peach of a girl. I am so lucky

For years, my wife didn't know. I hid my diapers under my work bench in the basement. It had doors that closed, and was a place she had no interest in. I had Fridays off, so I would wear and use my diapers. Eventually she had to retire on full disability. I was ordering adult diapers by then on the internet, and she saw one of my orders, so I had to tell her. I gave her a lengthy explanation, not only telling the what, but what I also thought was the why.

She fully supports me and my diaper wearing. It's not unusual for me to go to bed diapered, or wear during the weekend. Only you know your spouse, but sometimes being honest can be rewarding.

Telling parents is one thing, telling a spouse is something entirely different. I would never reccommend telling parents, but a marriage is (or at least should be) based on trust. I think you should tell her, and be completely honest about it. However, a good marriage also requires compromise. So, if she's uncomfortable with it, be prepared to make concessions such as not wearing when she is around.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    Telling parents is one thing, telling a spouse is something entirely different. I would never reccommend telling parents, but a marriage is (or at least should be) based on trust. I think you should tell her, and be completely honest about it. However, a good marriage also requires compromise. So, if she's uncomfortable with it, be prepared to make concessions such as not wearing when she is around.
    I concur with downtide, if you truly love each other you would care and do anything for each other no matter what. Hell couples even kill and steal for each other. So i think a Dl fetish is nothing compared to this!

I wouldn't recommend hiding it. It'll only cause more problems your not ready to deal with. Be who you are. If she truly loves you she will except you for who you are. Honesty is the key. I told my girlfriend about them, she is now my fiancÚ and soon going to be my wife. She supports it and encourages me to wear.