Thread: Help with shoes please

Question Help with shoes please

Looking for some feminine shoes to wear that won't break the bank in my size maybe some nice heels. Problem is my feet are 12.5"s long and 5"s wide that is a mans 15 EE. In womens shoes it translates to a 17 EEE depending on brand problem is I have only been able to find this size online and only few styles. The worst problem of it they are really expensive from What I have seen 100USD plus, when I know I could get a pair of payless heels for less than $30 if they carried my size. Anyone have an idea on where get such big ones at a decent price?
    -
    Adella

I'm trying to find my old Palyess (Volume) heels...they were very stable and comfortable...under $20, but that was a few years ago, and I don't see anything but damned thongs. The gladiator style look interesting though...

...anyway, I don't know of anything right off...I'm considering taking on the task of making some...any design ideas?

-Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    I'm trying to find my old Palyess (Volume) heels...they were very stable and comfortable...under $20, but that was a few years ago, and I don't see anything but damned thongs. The gladiator style look interesting though...

...anyway, I don't know of anything right off...I'm considering taking on the task of making some...any design ideas?

-Marka
    Thx.. for the info the hun shall continue, I may have cute ideas for you which I will draft up, eco friendly entirely bamboo pumps with a 3-4" heel come to mind with a steam`formed sole, spike, and, frame, a large boiling pot of water and cheese net work great for holding bamboo pieces and other woods in place while the steam soften them so the can be made into the perfect shape. As for the soft parts if you want soft parts Bamboo fabric works great heir and is very soft durable and easy to care for, before eco became a big thing it was known as rayon, which comes in many textures and designs both now list as bamboo and as rayon, though rayon tends to be used to describe more sheer fabrics. For the durable soft parts I prefer denim or suede, as they strong comfortable and come in just about any color. Finding some good non-slip silicone would be key for the external sole of the shoe though to keep from slipping. I will draft a picture later as you have my mind think about it now.
    -

Adella

P.S.
    Anyone know though where I can get some off the shelf in the meantime without killing my budget, I love marka's idea of making them at home but I would also like to be able to buy them.

Well, shoes are outside my area of expertise, but I will give my general fashion advice: you can find anything at a thrift store! That's how I've built my LG collection. Have a look around your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store. New shoes are pricey, but I've gotten men's formal shoes for $5 at Goodwill that lasted for years. If you're looking for larger ladies' shoes that aren't super-expensive, I'd say give your local thrift store a shot.

Yeah I will haft to give that a shot as larger shoes are a must if I am going to wear them with 12.5" long feet my feet don't quite fit the term foot as they are longer than one by a good margin. I appreciate the idea should not be be as daunting digging around women shoes at the thrift as in a normal store either, not saying there's anything wrong with the thrift store. I quite like them they are economical beneficial and tend to have less staff on hand. So they tend not to be as nosy about what I am buying unlike other places. Still finding a 17EE in something cute especially a heel or low platform pump should be interesting. On note of thrift shopping I am looking for a yellow denim jumper with thing vertical navy stripes about every 2-3"s I had a dream I was wearing on and it was great so I would like to try it for real. The details of that and another telling dream will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Adella View Post
    Thx.. for the info the hun shall continue, I may have cute ideas for you which I will draft up, eco friendly entirely bamboo pumps with a 3-4" heel come to mind with a steam`formed sole, spike, and, frame, a large boiling pot of water and cheese net work great for holding bamboo pieces and other woods in place while the steam soften them so the can be made into the perfect shape. As for the soft parts if you want soft parts Bamboo fabric works great heir and is very soft durable and easy to care for, before eco became a big thing it was known as rayon, which comes in many textures and designs both now list as bamboo and as rayon, though rayon tends to be used to describe more sheer fabrics. For the durable soft parts I prefer denim or suede, as they strong comfortable and come in just about any color. Finding some good non-slip silicone would be key for the external sole of the shoe though to keep from slipping. I will draft a picture later as you have my mind think about it now.
    -

Adella

P.S.
    Anyone know though where I can get some off the shelf in the meantime without killing my budget, I love marka's idea of making them at home but I would also like to be able to buy them.
    Awesome ideas Miss 'della! I forgot about bamboo...I practically have a visual by what you described...but yeah...when you get a chance...draft something up!! Instead of silicone...what do you think about forming some hot-glue for tread-soles?? I can see doing the suede, but I think I'm really sold on the denim option especially!

p.s. and yes! eco friendly...definitely!

Ciao for now!
    -Marka

we use to use old tires to cut-up to make soles for sandals when i was a kid....