Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying security problems

Default Buying security problems

A couple of days ago I had my first counseling session, and on my way there my mom tells me that she can access my amazon account though her Apple computer . I told her you can't do that you need my password . She said she can overide that and look at what I have bought, all because I have logged on there before in the past to buy something . ( not abdl related ) . This took me by surprise and I am wondering if anybody here know's if that's true or if she is just trying to scare me !

Hmm well i'm not to great with pc but if you did not click the save my password when you sign in then i'm not shore that your mum can do that. i may not be right so don't take my word for it. sorry not to much help there i know. big hugs little leo

Change the password for the account. Even if she had something on her computer to save data the session info expires on logout, and if she stored the password it would be no good as you just changed it. You could also just create a new account and use it for ABDL and keep using the old one for normal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyMower View Post
    A couple of days ago I had my first counseling session, and on my way there my mom tells me that she can access my amazon account though her Apple computer . I told her you can't do that you need my password . She said she can overide that and look at what I have bought, all because I have logged on there before in the past to buy something . ( not abdl related ) . This took me by surprise and I am wondering if anybody here know's if that's true or if she is just trying to scare me !
    Blow away her internet history and offline cookies next chance you get. Problem solved.

You're 19, you don't need the stress of your mom browsing through your history.

Thanks for the information, I just changed my password and created another account for emergyies only.

Set up linux on a pen drive that you can use when on other peoples computers and this protects your history and passwords and stops key loggers.

Pendrivelinux - Be cool anywhere you go

I use it on my windows computers when i do banking business just in case there are data viruses on my windows computer and to keep window from saving my bank information.

It also is good for the day that you might want to use a computer where you work or a school without leaving your data behind.

Hi, I would like to add that If ChubbyMower (anyone, actually) changes the password and/or take all security measures listed in this thread, someone who has access to any recovery method (say, a valid email account), the password reset would be enough to restore access to the compromised account.

It may seem too obvious, but If there is some sort of backdoor over there, any security measure is just a waste of time.

A new account may seem to be a good workaround. Just watch out the associated mail.

Hugs,

Bigpa.

There's another thing I forgot to mention, I created the new amazon account with the same delivery name and address I used to ship to before.( on orders only abdl related the rest of the orders are under another name and address ) Is there any chance that my delivery name and location could be traced to that account I just created ?

Just some common security reminders for accounts in general:
    1. When done, always log out of any account that requires a login.
    2. Use a strong password.
    a. Upper/lower case mix.
    b. Letters, numbers, punctuation if the account allows.
    c. Never use a password that can be guessed, like a birthday, nickname.
    d. Don't use the same password for several accounts. That way, if one gets compromised, others won't.
    3. If you use a public or semi-public computer to an account that has a login.
    a. Clear history and cookies after logging off.
    b. Only use if there are no other options.

Also, for my ABDL persona, in addition to the above, I never bookmark sites in the web browser. I add them to a text file. I could zip up the text file and add a password but haven't done so, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 11hinzvic View Post
    2. Use a strong password.
    a. Upper/lower case mix.
    b. Letters, numbers, punctuation if the account allows.
    c. Never use a password that can be guessed, like a birthday, nickname.
    d. Don't use the same password for several accounts. That way, if one gets compromised, others won't.
    This is the standard advice, but (a) and (b) are potentially misleading. Adding numbers and uppercase letters to a dictionary word (e.g. "d1apeRs") doesn't do much to increase the security of your password. Here's why:

https://xkcd.com/936/

Two much better options:

i) If you're allowed to use a long password, just pick four random words. (What the comic says)
    ii) If you only get 8-12 characters, make up an 8-12 word sentence that you can easily remember. Your password is the first letter of each word in the sentence.