Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Living without sex?

Default Living without sex?

i could live without sex i mean everyone i know says its amazing i just look at it as its just not my cup of tea anyone else feel this way?

...I have not had intimate-sexual relations since April of 2003 (just over 10-years). Like everything else, I go through times where I like the idea of it...or even fantasize...but it doesn't seem to be anything that I can't take care of all on my own... Most often, it's not worth the risks involved (IMO)...that can be emotional, or STD's/pregnancy, or ruining friendships...

I'm not one to really have 'flings'... and I've become quite accustomed to going without long-term/romantic relations...

I attribute this ability to go without, and not believe that sex is necessary for anything more than making babies, and marketing...as largely a social-constructed need...

In fairness though...I also have a much diminished physical health...so I can't say for certain that I wouldn't get more sex driven, if I was to get a significant increase in my physical health...

But, having had this evidence that I don't seem to need sex to live...I think that I would still remain celibate...sans the occasional self-pleasure...

-Marka

No, I am a guy but I often come into heat like a tigress, so my answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    i could live without sex i mean everyone i know says its amazing i just look at it as its just not my cup of tea anyone else feel this way?
    Not me, but there are quite a few who share your point of view - you might find searching for "Asexual" useful, if you don't know about it already.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    it seems that i'm an aromatic asexual (don't you dare turn your nose up at that!)

i'm not bothered about sex, either. and i'm especially not wanting any involvment (of any kind) with anyone else. don't get me wrong, i tug like a chimp, it's just that idea of involving anybody else in that department is yucky.
    i put it down to my being selfish and much of a physical-snob, but my self-focus is also deeply rooted (and ingrained) in my childhood experiences with my wonky willy (another story).

i'm me, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    it seems that i'm an aromatic asexual (don't you dare turn your nose up at that!)

If anything that's easier to get your head around that romantic asexuals, so I doubt anyone's going to give you too much of a hard time

Being single and in my early 20's, it doesnt take much to get me in the mood. Unfortunately I haven't had a long enough relationship with anyone to get to that point.

Asexual whoo!!! but seriously, i am asexy too. I kind of hope I don't ever have to have sex.