Thread: Road Trip Diapers!

Default Road Trip Diapers!

I'm going to be driving somewhere far away and would like to keep stops to a minimum. I was wondering what the best diaper would be for sitting in a car for an extended period. I'd like something that won't leak easily while sitting, but is still reasonably discreet when I'm out of the car (i.e. minimal waddling and bulk). Any suggestions?

I've always had good luck with molicare's and abena's. Lately I've been trying out bambino's but in my opinion their not my favorite. Don't seem to fit quite right. If you're using the two that I mentioned then don't use a booster as that will make you waddle quite a bit.

In order of increasing discreetness: Molicare Supers, Wellness diapers, Tena Flex, Tena Super (cloth backed)

I recently drove from Colorado to Michigan and wore an abena xplus, worked great, will be leaving this Friday heading back diapered.

I've used Abenas and Molicares for that, does the trick, my parents sometimes wonder how I can get to far away places so fast even though I drive the speed limit. :-)

Not sure as to the best when i did it I didn't stop but once on my trip I did about 500miles and it was late plus I was where no one who would have know me was so I wasn't woried about being discrete so I doubled up and threw on some wind breaker type pants

The nice thing about traveling is i don't have to be discreet. i have worn Molicare Supers with 2 to 4 boosters.
    This is a huge diaper when wet.

No one knows me so i don't care

Quote Originally Posted by babybobby View Post
    In order of increasing discreetness: Molicare Supers, Wellness diapers, Tena Flex, Tena Super (cloth backed)
    Yes the plastic backed tenas are cute but they are super crinkly. Definately you should go with the cloth backed ones.

I love road tripping in diapers. Sometimes ill even wear just a diaper and a shirt for a while and slip on pants inside the car before I get back into civilization. It's quite freeing to have moments on anonymity for me.

My biggest unexperienced worry is getting into a car accident in this state or being pulled over for some reason. Paramedics? Emergency Room? Cops? Eeek! I hope it never comes around to bite me.

I too like to wear extra think padding to ensure no leaks on my car seat. But I also am sure to only wear medical style adult diapers and nothing babyish so that it could be explained away as IC in the above event...

Quote Originally Posted by jimpa View Post
    I'm going to be driving somewhere far away and would like to keep stops to a minimum. I was wondering what the best diaper would be for sitting in a car for an extended period. I'd like something that won't leak easily while sitting, but is still reasonably discreet when I'm out of the car (i.e. minimal waddling and bulk). Any suggestions?
    You might want to wear a pair of plastic pants as well. I'm not really a big fan of plastic pants, but they can help on long car trips. Sometimes the way that you are sitting and the speed that you relieve yourself can cause leaks, since it's all going to the bottom and that part is being squished. Having a pair of plastic pants on will avoid any wet spots on the seat or your clothes.