Thread: Pacifier Use.

Default Pacifier Use.

Hiya,

Just wanted some reassurance really. I have only just accepted myself as an adult baby and sometimes use a pacifier if I am very down or in need of comfort.

I am disabled and I require 24 hour care being a wheelchair user.

I have just started using a pacifier during the day at home when I feel very low. The longest I' have it in it in is say 2.5 hours and I use it 4/5 days a week say.

What is your experience with your pacifier and your teeth? I am very worried about my teeth but I need my paci because I just want to climb into a cot listen to lullabies/be cuddled and rocked all the time.

My carers obviously have to know about me having my paci and they are very accepting. I am just worried because I do not have the hand function to clean my own teeth independently and when my carers are not with me she has to brush my teeth. Will she notice a change in my mouth due to the paci and tell me off?

How often have you used your pacis? How often do you use them and have you experienced any problems with your teeth due to prolonged use?

I love my paci so much even in the 3 weeks I've been using it! I do not want to give it up! It helps me cope with my disability! I really love it!

Thanks in advance!

I've been using my paci's pretty much everyday for the past 6 months. It helps in relaxing and regressing. I did have braces when I was younger, but in the 6 months of using it, I did notice a very subtle change only seen by me. For everyone else, it's exactly the same when I was purging. Give it a while and your teeth and mouth will get used to it.

Pacifiers will move your teeth slightly, and sometimes permanently if you use them repeatedly. That said, the movement in my case was not noticeable by others, and actually fixed the slightest hint of an overbite I had. (Teeth now click perfectly)

All in all - If your teeth hurt, stop using it for a while. Also, avoid using silicone baby pacis, they're much tougher than latex, and can push teeth much easier. (Basically, get a Nuk5 if you can, it will disperse the pressure more evenly, reducing the tension on your teeth)

Hi Treloarbabe. You might want to check out a thread on here which also has my post about this topic.
    Here's the thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...alignment.html

Hugs,
    11hinzvic

Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post
    I've been using my paci's pretty much everyday for the past 6 months. It helps in relaxing and regressing. I did have braces when I was younger, but in the 6 months of using it, I did notice a very subtle change only seen by me. For everyone else, it's exactly the same when I was purging. Give it a while and your teeth and mouth will get used to it.
    Thank you! Do you go to a dentist regularly. I go once a year and am worried about them noticing an overbite or underbite! How long do you say you use it each day would you say? Do you use it all day? Sorry! Just asking for reassurance! If you have used it for long periods of time e.g. 6 hours or overnight pretty much everyday for 6months and you have only noticed a subtle change then that is great and you will have made all my worries melt away!

I look forward to chatting more with you!

Cuddles and kisses to your little self!

I go somewhat regularly. Actually when I first started binging again 6 months ago ( I've used pacifiers all my life, but secretly and sporadically. I made a bold act and used an anonymous number to call a dentist on the other side of the country and ask them about adults using pacifiers. Haha their reaction was priceless. But they said around late adolescence it shouldn't be a problem. They hung up on me after discovering I wasn't a regular patient there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    Pacifiers will move your teeth slightly, and sometimes permanently if you use them repeatedly. That said, the movement in my case was not noticeable by others, and actually fixed the slightest hint of an overbite I had. (Teeth now click perfectly)

All in all - If your teeth hurt, stop using it for a while. Also, avoid using silicone baby pacis, they're much tougher than latex, and can push teeth much easier. (Basically, get a Nuk5 if you can, it will disperse the pressure more evenly, reducing the tension on your teeth)
    Thank you! I am using a latex one! How often do you use your pacifier and for how long each time? Look forward to chatting more!

Quote Originally Posted by treloarbabe View Post
    Thank you! I am using a latex one! How often do you use your pacifier and for how long each time? Look forward to chatting more!
    To be honest, I haven't used a paci in a while. Mostly due to it being somewhere among a box of stuff I need to sort out. That said, I used to carry one around with me pretty much anywhere, using it whenever alone; Even slept with it most nights. (Be aware, if you succeed in sleeping with one in your mouth, you'll probably end up drooling when you do...a lot.)

Also - In regard to the dentist noticing, provided you don't push your teeth around drastically, they won't notice. (Trust me, if any permanent movements are made, you'll feel it. Won't be pleasant either, so you would probably stop)

I love my paci. It probably comes from the fact my family let me keep it untill after i truned 3. This did not go over well with me and probably was a reason a tried so hard to be a baby. But now i have a new binky' And use almost everynight and it even has a clip thatgoes on my shirt so when it falls out its right in reach. Although the dentist thing ive never had a problem with. Although ive always had crooked teeth but my mommy says not to be ashamed and that i have a cute little smile.

So if you want your paci then by all means use. Its all about making your life comfortable for you. Just becareful cuase it can hurt your teeth. If your teeth start hurting just take it out for a while.