Thread: The Consequences of Being Alone in a Parent-Child Relationship

Default The Consequences of Being Alone in a Parent-Child Relationship

Let's face it, my guess is that most of us probably do not have a partner who is willing to baby us for any period of time. We are alone in this world even if our partner knows and accepts our desires. The consequences of this have bothered me for some time, but in the end it all comes down to this. I am in a parent-child relationship with myself. Meaning I am the one who changes me, feeds me, washes me, buys toys for me, etc. I am also the one who benefits from these things.

This can be frustrating because there are no outside controls regarding my behavior. The controls and the responsibility come from within. Now I'm not saying I would like to be babied 24-7, but to give up that control every now and then would be nice. Wouldn't you agree?

I hear you, it would indeed be nice. You could always plan a weekend and go to one of those AB nurseries I keep hearing about.

Quote Originally Posted by river710 View Post
    I hear you, it would indeed be nice. You could always plan a weekend and go to one of those AB nurseries I keep hearing about.
    There's a big difference in someone that "babysits" and someone that actually genuinely cares about you. Someone who knows your personality, knows exactly what to say and do without needing to ask you anything. This is something you will never obtain from someone who changes wet diapers for 20-50 dollars per change.

People who runs "AB Nurseries" will only see you as some 20,30, 40,50 year old guy who has a weird thing for diapers and babyish stuff, and they'll take your money in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    There's a big difference in someone that "babysits" and someone that actually genuinely cares about you. Someone who knows your personality, knows exactly what to say and do without needing to ask you anything. This is something you will never obtain from someone who changes wet diapers for 20-50 dollars per change.

People who runs "AB Nurseries" will only see you as some 20,30, 40,50 year old guy who has a weird thing for diapers and babyish stuff, and they'll take your money in the process.
    Yes, they probably will, but a lot of people said they enjoyed it when they went, so perhaps he would enjoy himself also.

jcrowley1985

So AB Nurseries are not much different then nurseries and daycare centers for babies and toddlers going on that description?

More on topic, I see most of the abdl community as falling into the roles of each others "siblings" rather then a child/parent relationship. Anyone here more in a caretaker roll then ab roll?

I agree there's a significant difference but I don't think that difference has to all be negative. I'm not much into this from the side of receiving care, but we pay people to give care of one kind or another in different ways, and I don't think this absolutely must be different. I supply the "genuine caring" for one person but it's a relationship that took time, effort, and honesty to build. I went through all kinds of awkardness that a professional caregiver would have already dealt with. I bet even for someone else that I cared about, a professional would likely do a better job for the first couple times at least. The professional is also more likely to have accessories appropriate to the experience. I'd agree that the relationship approach to this should lead to a far better experience but for those who don't have that option, paying a caring person might be a lot better than nothing.