Thread: regressed at work yesterday ...

Default regressed at work yesterday ...

I work at a vet clinic, I'm kennel manager but also a vet assistant . Yesterday was horribly busy!! With the holiday coming up we had many boarders ( dogs and cats staying at our hospital ) and us being short staffed ,left only me to care for em all. On top of this we had a surgery going that...wasn't going well. also x-rays. I was running around trying to help everyone, the stress and barking gave me a headache ! I was rushed for time, I had been there for almost 12 hours and I didn't wanna stay over!

then it hit me, stressing wasn't helping!! I allowed myself to mentally regress to a little girl.( as this helps me de-stress ) one that couldn't tell time, so I couldn't worry about the clock. I washed the dishes ,but slowly. playing with the bubbles, splashing in the water, making a mess. it took me twice as long as it normally would. but it didn't bother me since I was having such fun ! The dishes were done and it was time to bring the dogs back inside. I could no longer stay in the mind set of a 5 year old, so my regression session was over. But it helped me calm down greatly.

has anyone else done something like this? at work, school, while driving?

Yep lol i drive a lot in my job and one day i was in the car i felt like a bit of a cheeky monkey moment coming on so i put my music on a little louder it was mgmt KIDS. As i was driving i was pulling funny faces at people . It did not last long but i did have a good giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    Yep lol i drive a lot in my job and one day i was in the car i felt like a bit of a cheeky monkey moment coming on so i put my music on a little louder it was mgmt KIDS. As i was driving i was pulling funny faces at people . It did not last long but i did have a good giggle.
    heh heh that sounds really silly of you, but it sounds like fun!!!
    I like to play disney or mlp music when I drive! sing along loudly!!
    it makes the ride so much more fun