Thread: Subconscious regression?

Default Subconscious regression?

Could I have regressed in my subconscious as way of protecting myself?

There were events in my childhood that really shook me up.

First would be at the age of 5. That is when I found out that I had been adopted. But it was not the proper why i found out, like my parents sitting me down and telling me. It came out in a form of a tease by older boys in my neighborhood. Telling me that my family was not my Real Family. Now being a 5 year old it up set me. In a 5 year old's mind that meant that some one didn't want me. Why? I did ask my mom and she said yes I was Adopted and left it at that. This bothered me so bad that for the next 1 and 1/2 years I had Potty accidents. ( I use the word Potty because some were #1's and some were #2's.)These would happen when I got up set over something.

Now there were a chain of events that happened when I was 12. The Death of my Grandfather and my dog. Finding out about my Birth. The details of my birth are 1. My birth mother is only 16 years older than I am. 2. My birth mother is one of my mom's younger sisters. That part wouldn't be so bad. 3 My birth father is one of my mom's brothers. I am a product of a sister and brother have sex.

Round two of the potty accidents starts. Along with bed wetting this time. The accidents lasted about a year this time. The Bed wetting never did, but that turned to be a medical problem, but I didn't know that until I was around 30.

Because of the actions of two other people I decided early in life not to father children, not knowing what kind of genies I would pass on.

It took me many years dealing with it. Turned to Drugs and Booze nether helped really. Only found out the drinking set off my seizures. That is all in the past, Dead and Buried.

Like I ask in the beginning could I have been subconsciously regressing When I was having my potty accidents?

Wow, I don't think any of us can answer your question given the information. Subconscious regression would bother me, because not having any control over it would suggest something more aligned with schizophrenia. Schizophrenia can be associated with childhood abuse, though often it's sexual abuse, where one reverts to another personality in order for the mind to escape from its present trauma. There's a lot of debate concerning this and multiple personalities, but it does seem to be documented.

When you say subconscious regression, what exactly do you mean? My regressions has always been self controlled, diapers being the trigger for me.

Hello Krallen

Thank you for sharing this information. I am no authority on bed wetting and trauma, but there is evidence of some form of subconscious related trigger.

I was more intrigued by your story. My brothers told me I was adopted when I was 8 or 9 and my mother got very mad at them. My dad had no way of denying that I am his, and the same is true for my son. The thing that my mom did was look for my birth certificate and then realized that see lost it.

I also understand about the toilet issues I had irritable bowel syndrome and have had accidents from the time I was little.

I have always made jokes about the messed up health issues of our family and my uncle would get so mad about the inbreeding stuff. After he passed away and we got the "secret" family bible that was passed down and no one was to look at or do anything with it (German tradition), we found out that my grandmothers grandparents where first cousins. So just remember that you never get to pick you relatives and theirs good reasons.

So getting back to subject. This is something that should be discussed with a therapist. At least in my case it is not that I was regressing on issues, but it is more of a PTSD and that does some real weird stuff to the real vs subconscious aspects of life.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Hello Krallen

Thank you for sharing this information. I am no authority on bed wetting and trauma, but there is evidence of some form of subconscious related trigger.

I was more intrigued by your story. My brothers told me I was adopted when I was 8 or 9 and my mother got very mad at them. My dad had no way of denying that I am his, and the same is true for my son. The thing that my mom did was look for my birth certificate and then realized that see lost it.

I also understand about the toilet issues I had irritable bowel syndrome and have had accidents from the time I was little.

I have always made jokes about the messed up health issues of our family and my uncle would get so mad about the inbreeding stuff. After he passed away and we got the "secret" family bible that was passed down and no one was to look at or do anything with it (German tradition), we found out that my grandmothers grandparents where first cousins. So just remember that you never get to pick you relatives and theirs good reasons.

So getting back to subject. This is something that should be discussed with a therapist. At least in my case it is not that I was regressing on issues, but it is more of a PTSD and that does some real weird stuff to the real vs subconscious aspects of life.
    I spent 3 ears with a therapist. That after I tried to O D on drugs. I tried to suppress the AB part of me for many years, it ended up doing harm. After 3 years I find out the being an AB helps me.

Hello I'm Theodosius I just found this site and I just had to join. And your right about it being a trigger. When you were little all that stress you wet yourself and in your young development stayed with you. Then when you got older and you learned about your parents this cause it to returned and was triggered by stress and cause a medical problem as it progressed. So in a way yes it is subconscious. It's ok too because I wet my self fora while until I was able to realize that I was an AB. I had a lot of stress cause my older bother was very mean and my parents would fight slot dispute my screaming to stop and wetting my self. But now I have a beautiful mommy who loves me for everything I am and named me and makes me feel loved like I never have before. I'm sad to hear you don't want be a father but I hope you try to find some one you will love you like I have. I know I used to think it would never happen to me but it did. Do lose hope my friend there's someone out there for you and all of us ABs. And you should embrace the baby in you because you should never suppress your true Self that will only make you feel worse. Glad to see your doing well now though

Quote Originally Posted by krallen View Post
    I spent 3 ears with a therapist. That after I tried to O D on drugs. I tried to suppress the AB part of me for many years, it ended up doing harm. After 3 years I find out the being an AB helps me.
    Just in case; I am sorry if I have offended you. that was not my intent.

But I do understand. My therapist has told me the same thing, so I just say I am in diaper therapy if anyone should ask.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Just in case; I am sorry if I have offended you. that was not my intent.

But I do understand. My therapist has told me the same thing, so I just say I am in diaper therapy if anyone should ask.

At the time I was fighting the AB urges , and some other things. I was scared of the urges, not knowing that were other people like me out there.