Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABDL Store in Salem, Oregon!

Default ABDL Store in Salem, Oregon!

Hi all, (esp those of us in Oregon),

I just found out there is a genuine (kinda) ABDL store in Salem, Oregon. The guy's name is Rod Cox (I know, right?) and he sells plastic panties, real rubber sheeting and a couple types of cloth diapers.

Has anyone been to his "shop"? I ask this, because his business operates out of his residence. I did a bit of resesarch, and he has 3 businesses: the diapers, a sign company, and another one I forget.

There's a link below. He does answer his phone, and I actually talked to him a year ago, but was too shy/nervous to move forward with a visit. My courage is up now, but...at his house?

Now, I understand you can't pay rent on a store front and stay in the ABDL business in Salem (population and high rent). But I would feel better if it wasn't at his house. I'm still a bit skittish. Is this a normal way to do business for a niche market? Is this sketchy at all?

I don't want to out anyone, but I do believe he, at the very least, is very, very ABDL aware. Anywho, would any of you all go? The wife said she'd go with me.

Rod Cox Cloth Diapers

I may be wrong, but from a look at the site, it doesn't appear to be the intent that people shop at his house. Rather, the address appears to be given so that you can mail in your orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I may be wrong, but from a look at the site, it doesn't appear to be the intent that people shop at his house. Rather, the address appears to be given so that you can mail in your orders.
    I agree with Cottontail he is a mail order check or money order IC supplier only. If you wanted to walk up you would have to call ahead and make arrangements.

I did make arrangements, and he was very welcoming. The wife and I will leave within the hour. Oleman72, did you read the Stories/Oppinions? He seems pretty ABDL Aware/Sympathetic...

Anywho, I'll do a review when we come back!

Quote Originally Posted by xtrabulk View Post
    I did make arrangements, and he was very welcoming. The wife and I will leave within the hour. Oleman72, did you read the Stories/Oppinions? He seems pretty ABDL Aware/Sympathetic...

Anywho, I'll do a review when we come back!
    That was an interesting read.

interesting thats only about hmm 100 miles out of my way :\

i will take a trip up there maybe some time kinda cool to know there are others from my same state

Hi all!

I just got back from visiting with Rodney Cox at his home in Salem. It was awesome!

Rod is 73 years old, and is AB. After chatting a while, he showed my wife and I his crib that he made from several of the same cribs. It was pretty cool, and looked pretty big. I think it was about a normal single sized mattress. He has it covered with real rubber sheeting (which he sells), and his room has other AB accoutrements from his youth. He also has a high-chair he uses in his living room (it's an antique, and he's thin). He sits there and reads his Bible, or watches shows about trains (he is semi-retired from the Rail Road industry).

Anyway...

Get this: He sells Kins items, and charges LESS than the website. I saved about $6. I got (wait, I'll just take a few quick pics):

Here is the Large Velcro diaper I got for $25.00:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0701131738.jpg 
Views:	3841 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	17577

And here is the Retro Yellow panty I got for $12.00:

Name:	0701131747.jpg 
Views:	6321 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	17578

For $37.00! I gave him $40, and told him to keep the change. It was a wonderful experience (he even measured me so he'd be sure it fit). I actually, factually, met and talked to a fellow ABDL! Oleman, I was honestly hoping Rod was you. He's your age and everything! Anywho, the guy's legit, and deserves some business. He's really put himself out there. Flannel wasn't my first choice, I love me some Birdseye, but it was there, in store (house) and the guy's totally ABDL. And, it was cheaper! How could I not give the guy some business? Oh, the plastic pants were on sale. He even has, for his personal use, some 'Amber' rubber pants. I don't remember them, but the wife says her grandma diapered her up in these panties.

So, if you're in Oregon or Washington, and want a unique experience with a really cool guy, stop in and see him!

Selection: 6 He has quite a bit--even onesies--but may be limiting himself on supply. But, he's doing what he loves, so this score doesn't really matter.
    Price: 10 How can I not give him a perfect score, when his prices are cheaper (there may be a shippingn differential I'm not taking into account though).,
    Affability: 9 I'd give him a 10, but he's a bit older and repetitive. Some of you might not 'like' that sort of thing, so I thought I'd drop him a point.
    Presentation: 7 As mentioned by folks above, this isn't really a store. It's the guy's house. His stock is orderly in file cabinets. He says he gets about a dozen IRL visitors a year, so this score might not matter as well. He was very willing to show us multiples of everything he had though.
    Street Cred: 10 This guy showed complete strangers his AB room. He told complete strangers he was now wearing a night-time cloth prefold and real rubber panties. That takes guts--he's totally a gangster. A diapered gangster.
    Overall: 9 It was a really cool expereince, and I plan on going back just to chat with the guy. He's very bubbly and cool. He had plenty of the ABDL basics (no disposables though): I could see dropping $100 there easy, and I'm not much of an AB. Check him out!!!

xtrabulk

ps, if the images are reversed, I'm sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by xtrabulk View Post
    Hi all!

I just got back from visiting with Rodney Cox at his home in Salem. It was awesome!

Rod is 73 years old, and is AB. After chatting a while, he showed my wife and I his crib that he made from several of the same cribs. It was pretty cool, and looked pretty big. I think it was about a normal single sized mattress. He has it covered with real rubber sheeting (which he sells), and his room has other AB accoutrements from his youth. He also has a high-chair he uses in his living room (it's an antique, and he's thin). He sits there and reads his Bible, or watches shows about trains (he is semi-retired from the Rail Road industry).

Anyway...

Get this: He sells Kins items, and charges LESS than the website. I saved about $6. I got (wait, I'll just take a few quick pics):

Here is the Large Velcro diaper I got for $25.00:

Name:	0701131738.jpg 
Views:	3841 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	17577

And here is the Retro Yellow panty I got for $12.00:

Name:	0701131747.jpg 
Views:	6321 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	17578

For $37.00! I gave him $40, and told him to keep the change. It was a wonderful experience (he even measured me so he'd be sure it fit). I actually, factually, met and talked to a fellow ABDL! Oleman, I was honestly hoping Rod was you. He's your age and everything! Anywho, the guy's legit, and deserves some business. He's really put himself out there. Flannel wasn't my first choice, I love me some Birdseye, but it was there, in store (house) and the guy's totally ABDL. And, it was cheaper! How could I not give the guy some business? Oh, the plastic pants were on sale. He even has, for his personal use, some 'Amber' rubber pants. I don't remember them, but the wife says her grandma diapered her up in these panties.

So, if you're in Oregon or Washington, and want a unique experience with a really cool guy, stop in and see him!

Selection: 6 He has quite a bit--even onesies--but may be limiting himself on supply. But, he's doing what he loves, so this score doesn't really matter.
    Price: 10 How can I not give him a perfect score, when his prices are cheaper (there may be a shippingn differential I'm not taking into account though).,
    Affability: 9 I'd give him a 10, but he's a bit older and repetitive. Some of you might not 'like' that sort of thing, so I thought I'd drop him a point.
    Presentation: 7 As mentioned by folks above, this isn't really a store. It's the guy's house. His stock is orderly in file cabinets. He says he gets about a dozen IRL visitors a year, so this score might not matter as well. He was very willing to show us multiples of everything he had though.
    Street Cred: 10 This guy showed complete strangers his AB room. He told complete strangers he was now wearing a night-time cloth prefold and real rubber panties. That takes guts--he's totally a gangster. A diapered gangster.
    Overall: 9 It was a really cool expereince, and I plan on going back just to chat with the guy. He's very bubbly and cool. He had plenty of the ABDL basics (no disposables though): I could see dropping $100 there easy, and I'm not much of an AB. Check him out!!!

xtrabulk

ps, if the images are reversed, I'm sorry!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to his place of business. It sounds like you had a good time. You ought to get him to join the site the next time you visit. Maybe though you might not want to do that.
    Thanks for giving a review.

Hey Oleman:

"I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to his place of business. It sounds like you had a good time. You ought to get him to join the site the next time you visit. Maybe though you might not want to do that.
    Thanks for giving a review."

You bet! He'd never heard of ADISC--I did ask him if he was aware of our little club. He does belong to a pacifier lover website, which I'd never heard of and have forgotten the name of, which he really enjoys. I wish he had email--I'd love to remind him to join!