Thread: How absorbent are the current Bambino Classico/Bianco/Teddy diapers compared to the Abena X-Plus?

Default How absorbent are the current Bambino Classico/Bianco/Teddy diapers compared to the Abena X-Plus?

I've heard that the Bambino Classico/Bianco/Teddy diapers (which are all the same, but different designs) aren't as absorbent as the originally were. Whether or not this is the case, how absorbent/thick are they compared to an Abena X-Plus?

We have a couple reviews you should check out that cover thickness and absorption on these two diapers. Compare them:

Bambino Teddy Review

Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Review

Abena Air X-Plus Review

They are around the same in both capacity and thickness overall.

As I noted in my review, any diaper that can hold up to around 2L is pretty substantial. That's 5 pounds of weight right there. Any manufacturer that claims past 2.5 or even 3L is using a lab controlled environment, and really isn't practical for the wearer. A diaper that has a capacity lower than 1L I consider poor for all the people here concerned.

Good to hear that they're still high quality. Thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    As I noted in my review, any diaper that can hold up to around 2L is pretty substantial. That's 5 pounds of weight right there. Any manufacturer that claims past 2.5 or even 3L is using a lab controlled environment, and really isn't practical for the wearer.
    So then would you say that it's not worth it to pay the extra $0.50 per diaper for the Bellissimo?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerTike
    So then would you say that it's not worth it to pay the extra $0.50 per diaper for the Bellissimo?
    Apparently they are thicker than standard Bambinos (in my experience they are a bit), and have what Bambino calls "double thick core technology." But the jury is still out for me whether or not this feature makes it better to suck up liquid faster, or even space it out more.

If you like the prints and a bit thicker diaper, it's worth the extra 50 cents in my book. I just can't make a comment whether the absorbency is any better. Even if it was, I couldn't see myself getting up to that point or even tolerating all that weight!

Well thanks to a friend of mine who let me try/have one of their Bambino Teddy's I would say they are very absorbant. :3

The bianco, teddy, classico, and the TotalDry XPlus are all the same diaper with different front panels. High sap, thick padding, very absorbent, slow wicking. On par with the abriform xplus 4's. Sap is high enough (pulp is low enough) that you can't wet the back of the diaper unless you are laying on your back.

The bellisimo is the same thickness but is VERY high sap, all but eliminating wicking but raising capacity a fair amount. IMHO the enormous swelling you can get in the crotch can lead to leaks due to wetness not being able to easily get to the back of your diaper even when on your back. I don't consider these a good option unless you prefer the pattern. But odds are the teddy pattern would satisfy most ABDLs. It's difficult to fill a bellisimo to capacity without leaking.

FWIW, fabines are very similar to bellisimo, but are wider in the crotch and very slightly thicker. They are in the same extreme capacity category. I have never been able to fill a fabine to capacity overnight, and I have tried several times.

Absorbency is about how thick and the sap content.

But most forget about the fit on the individual person, the better the fit, the better the absorbency.

Thickness doesn't always seem to equal how much a diaper can hold and I think Abena or the Bellissimos are good example of that. The Bellissimos or M4s didn't seem to hold any more than Teddies or Classicos did but they definitely feel bulkier. I've always just thought of it as a preference sorta thing myself, cause I only ever want that extra bulk if I'm feeling particularly little so I just get Classicos or Teddies for normal everyday wear and M4s or Bellissimos when I'm feeling particularly little.