Thread: Diaper AC :P

Default Diaper AC :P

I live in the CA. It still get around 100 F to 115 F. I think I found a way to keep my diapers cool while outside. This will work for Disposable diapers cloth or plastic back, Pull up & cloth diapers.

1 First you need to buy cloth inserts something like Diaper Booster cut a hole in the back side of cloth insert.

2 Crush 4 or 5 ice cube or more. Put it inside the Cloth diaper insert. spread inside the Cloth insert front to back evenly. My guess if you use just cloth diapers the outer most side of the cloth diaper next to the plastic pants would be best. (disposable Pull ups you might want to keep between the adsorbent part of the pull ups.)

3 Put the ice side of the cloth insert facing the diaper and the thick side cloth insert facing your skin. Or if you use a cloth diaper have ice face the plastic pants.

4 Then put the diaper on.

As the ice melts it absorb into the insert and diaper and keep your diaper area cool. (Note If you are a heavy wetter. You might want to use more ice. Because wetting can make it melt faster.

Reason why you don't want to use ice directly inside the disposable diapers or disposable diaper inserts. It will rip disposable diapers and you have to deal with the gel.

You do not want to just put it directly into the cloth diapers next to your skin. It will get your skin super cold. That why you use a cloth insert to put the ice.

I know it a strange trick but it works for me. It last about 2 maybe 3 hours.

Doesn't that reduce the capacity though?
    When the ice melts, it gets absorbed into the diaper.

That's an interesting idea. I don't think I would be able to wear if it was that hot, even with ice cubes.

goodnites101

70th Viewer, i ruined all the 69 fun

Quote Originally Posted by Bongolino View Post
    Doesn't that reduce the capacity though?
    When the ice melts, it gets absorbed into the diaper.
    That why you use a cloth insert. 1 to prevent it from getting super cold. 2 to compensate for less absorbency. Because the Cloth insert add to the absorbency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
    That's an interesting idea. I don't think I would be able to wear if it was that hot, even with ice cubes.
    Well the cloth insert keep it from getting super hot. Note temp I am at and I do not have AC. Is 100F 43C, 115F, 46C. So unless you live in Death Valley temps at 130F 54C. I don't know what hotter.

I do the same thing to cool down if I'm diapered and the house is hot, although sometimes its just to enjoy the different/refreshing feeling of a cool diaper

Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerTike View Post
    I do the same thing to cool down if I'm diapered and the house is hot, although sometimes its just to enjoy the different/refreshing feeling of a cool diaper
    Just wondering how you do it. If you have a better way then I do. Let me know.

I often just run some cold tap water into my diapers when its hot and I want to wear for a while.
    I really only use premium brands so they can handle several wettings anyways and typically can handle a *real* wetting even after having the cool water in them.
    I use the long sprayer on the kitchen sink and just spray/pour some in the front and back.
    Makes such a HUGE difference in the temperature of the diaper and for the 3-4 hours I usually wear at a given time, it stays nice and cool.

I'd kind of imagine that Ice cubes would be far too cold for me -- at least in disposables. Cool tap water is just right --- feels kinda similar to how a wet diaper might feel after you've been sleeping in it all night but it's been exposed uncovered... (of course only one side really gets cool in those scenarios).

Have done something like this, with a gel ice pack.

I just laid it between the leak guards and then put a soaker pad over it, that way it was not freezing to me skin and not really uncomfy.

It kept me nice and cool, plus since they can go into the dishwasher, was easy to just rinse and clean it after it got pee on it.

Another thing a friend of mine does is he will shove a 2 liter bottle of water in the freezer and then just cuddle that when he gets hot. One thing to note is that he did this once and was holding it between his legs, against his wet diaper, it was there long enough that it managed to freeze to it and tore it to shreds.