Thread: Advice

goodnites101

Default Advice

Help! how should i tell my parents that Im a DL??

Goodnights

Well, i wish i could help you, but all i have are bad experiences. You will see other threads talking about how its not such a good idea, especially if your parents are not open minded. If you really want to tell them, this is the basic go-to site Understanding Infantilism I really wish there was more i could say, but best of luck.

I think if they have no need to know then let it be. But it really depends on you and your situation being tired of hiding it can drag you down. but at the same time things like this can really damage relationships if there not open to things of this nature. I wish you the bast of luck what ever you choose to do. little leo

goodnites101

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    I think if they have no need to know then let it be. But it really depends on you and your situation being tired of hiding it can drag you down. but at the same time things like this can really damage relationships if there not open to things of this nature. I wish you the bast of luck what ever you choose to do. little leo
    Thanks leo, i think I'll let it lie for a bit longer

I agree with littleleo.

I don't talk to my dad about my love of horror films and obsession with a certain actor so why would I tell hm about my nappy fetish?

A positive thing if you did tell and they were OK with it is that you wouldn't have to hide your stuff.

On the other hand though, they could take it really badly and make your life that much harder.

Hope this helps.

In most cases, telling your parents is unnecessary and could put a strain on your relationship, particularly if it is not the best in the first place. And if they are not open-minded, you could have hell to pay. Your parents most likely don't discuss their sex life with you, so why should you tell them about your fetish?

BUT, every situation is different. If you believe you need your parents' support, and you feel they are open-minded enough, than it may be worth considering. But remember that the results may not be in your favor.

Let me turn this around on you. Would you like it if your dad told you his kink was to dress up like a school girl and have your mom do him in the butt with a strap on? Why tell your parents about what turns you on?

I've never understood the need to tell parents about ABDL. I can't see any good reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by goodnites
    Help! how should i tell my parents that Im a DL??
    Here's a good exercise for you:

1) Grab a sheet of paper and something to write with.

2) Write down at least 5 reasons why you want (not why you should) to tell your parents. Under each reason write a paragraph explaining these reasons. Be thorough.

3) Obviously these 5 reasons are probably the positive things you hope to gain. On the back, write 5 reasons why you should not tell your parents, repeating step 2.

4) After you are done, step back from the paper for a day and read what you wrote later, and think about it hard.

You can post your answers here if you want feedback, but this should be something you sit down and take the time to do if you are serious.
    If you cannot take the time to do this, you probably shouldn't even be contemplating telling your folks to begin with.

I should state though, it's not a good idea unless you have some underlying problems. And reasons like "they will allow me to be diapered at home!" aren't really thought through. This exercise is designed to get you to critically think about this and understand yourself in the end.

With all of society's prejudices against adults wearing diapers, particularly AB and DL types of people, I don't recommend telling one's parents about wearing diapers. Everyone has something that he/she keeps a secret, even from close friends and family, and in my opinion, I would make being a diaper lover one of those things. If anything, a typical parent's reaction to his/her adult son or daughter wearing diapers would most likely be awkward at best and hostile at worst.

I honestly don't see why anyone's parents would need to know about an interest in diapers. My parents don't need to know about my interest in diapers any more than they need to know about my masturbation habits, so needless to say, I haven't told them about my interest in diapers. I can be accused of bias here, given that I live on my own, so the odds of me getting caught by my parents in a diaper are virtually nonexistent (sometimes I wear nothing but a T-shirt and a diaper around the home), but I still maintain that it isn't advisable to tell them about one's interest in diapers.

In all honesty, I would only talk about my diaper interest with my parents if they happened to catch me wearing one (of course, such a subject is essentially forced on you if this happens).