Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to change your mind?

Default Is it wrong to change your mind?

I'm 21 and I lost my virginity when I was 17.
    I accepted Christ when I was 18, but still continued to have sex.
    This September, I finally got baptized and I realized that I want to feel like I'm worth more than I currently think I am.

So... is it hypocritical of me, considering that I've already done so much that I want to opt for waiting until marriage before I give myself to anybody again?

Of course its not. Being hypocritical is telling someone not to do this or that and then you go off and do exactly that yourself..

All this does is prove your willing to abstain from sex until your married, what's wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by supercas29 View Post
    This September, I finally got baptized and I realized that I want to feel like I'm worth more than I currently think I am.

So... is it hypocritical of me, considering that I've already done so much that I want to opt for waiting until marriage before I give myself to anybody again?
    Every time you judge someone for having sex, you're going to be a hypocrite. Period. You've engaged it in, and that's true forever. If you believe someone else is wrong for doing something you did, that's hypocritical.

Just don't judge or force your beliefs on others and I think you're safe either way.

I realized that I want to feel like I'm worth more than I currently think I am.
    that feeling isn't likely to come in an instant, it's more likely to just be a part of your development process.
    as things stand, and going by your values, you're already worth more than you were a short while ago.

if it were 'hypocritical', would that be wrong? would it be wrong to tell a toddler not to touch something hot (knowing full well that you did the same)? stopping doing something or stopping someone else from doing something you've done, isn't necessarily false virtue, it's also learning from mistakes.
    hypocricy, criticism and judgementalism all have their place. and if you find that you were wrong at any point, that's just something to learn from and deal with.

No, you would only be a hypocrit for condemning someone else for having sex before marriage.

FireFox2 said it all. What you did is done. Your choices forward are what really matters and I think your on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by checkingoutall View Post
    FireFox2 said it all. What you did is done. Your choices forward are what really matters and I think your on the right path.
    Gee I heard of myself being called Fire2Fox but not FireFox2. I am insanely pissed since I had Fire2box down since like 1998. About 20-25% of people call me FireFox. <_>

I thought Fire2box was going to be original but the best broswer ever had to come up with a similar name to me. Also no one cares about the red panda ( The real firefox)

End of Rant.

Not hypocritical in the slightest. It is your decision, it isn't harming anyone, you want to do it - so do it!

It's your mind if you want to change the way you live and feel that is up to you, do what makes you feel better about yourself.

Whats done is done, we all learn from our mistakes, and mistakes are the way we learn to do the right thing, if you now think this is the way for go, by all means go for it.

If your doing this for religous reasons then I can relate to you. I do want to save myself from sin when possible, but just remember one thing, all sin is equally forgivable. So since you have already had sex before marriage, I do not see the point in waiting now. Plus finding out if your partner is good in bed is important, whether you think it is or not. They might have something seriously wrong from keeping them from performing effeciently or at all. So that means no babies.

Of course how good someone is in bed is not everything, but I believe it is one of many important peices that should be in a good partner. So ultimately you commited this sin before and will need forgiveness for it anyways so doing it more would make little difference. Although is all what I believe personally, if you feel compelled to do this then you should. Do not let anyone force you into anything you do not want to do.