Thread: Budget Diapers

Default Budget Diapers

Maybe this store is overlooked in the US - Dollar General has their own brand. Very cheap, but I'm sure the absorbency leaves a little to be desired. DG Baby Mega Diaper Size 6 - 40ct - Diapers & Wipes - Dollar General

Also adult pull ups: DG Health Protective Underwear for Men & Women - Large - 9 ct - Adult Incontinence - Dollar General

Are they any good? I can get a better deal per diaper from the generic store brand at a CVS or grocery store, which is often on sale and has tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by kwisy View Post
    Are they any good? I can get a better deal per diaper from the generic store brand at a CVS or grocery store, which is often on sale and has tabs.
    I looked at the adds and they have Depends on sale too. Max protection.

They're probably on par with most of the private label diapers that the major chains sell. I wouldn't buy any of them, but I have seen quite a few people buy their baby diapers.
    I know they do a lot of business with low income people.

$5.50 for 9 comes out to about the same as what the chains sell 18 bags for. It's funny how the ad says "WOW! Buy a case for only $22!" as if people can't add and see that [email protected]$5.50 doesn't come out to $22. I don't know of a Dollar General that exists west of the Colorado River, though if there were one near me I'd prefer going there to try tape diapers. 1 good thing about a bag of 9 is it's easier to conceal than a larger pack

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    $5.50 for 9 comes out to about the same as what the chains sell 18 bags for. It's funny how the ad says "WOW! Buy a case for only $22!" as if people can't add and see that [email protected]$5.50 doesn't come out to $22. I don't know of a Dollar General that exists west of the Colorado River, though if there were one near me I'd prefer going there to try tape diapers. 1 good thing about a bag of 9 is it's easier to conceal than a larger pack
    And that was my intent - to show that there are locally cheap diapers in places people may not think about. There is also Family Dollar that has Kidgets brand and they received a good review: Family Dollar #Kidgets Diapers and Wipes

The best budget diapers are whatever you can find on Craigslist. I've found some amazing deals on a regular basis on there, such as $5 for bags of Attends maximum absorbancy diapers, and even $10 for a case of 48 relatively good-quality diapers.

I've posted about my finds at thrift stores and swap meets - most of them are akin to First Quality/Per-fit/Nu-Fit and average $5 a bag. Since I've upgraded to Abena M4 I scout out anything cheap and plastic-backed for wearing close to home in order to preserve the premium diapers for when I plan to be away more than a couple of hours.

Worthy of mention though is the last bag of white plastic Ideal briefs I got from a local thrift store (I didn't go crazy and buy all 5 or 6 bags there) offered clues to a more absorbent version being available. No idea where to find them (or if they're any thicker) but they are a part of the factory's output at any rate

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    And that was my intent - to show that there are locally cheap diapers in places people may not think about. There is also Family Dollar that has Kidgets brand and they received a good review: Family Dollar #Kidgets Diapers and Wipes
    That's actually very useful to know. I read the review and I was surprised that it was so positive. The reviewer mentioned the tapes being extra sticky and also the back riding higher than most baby diapers.

I'm thinking I'll try them with and without extenders - for $6 if they bomb I'll just use em for stuffers. There's a Family Dollar I can walk to nearby. Thanks, zipperless.
    Last edited by IronRoyal; 02-Jul-2013 at 02:35.

There is the old adage, you get what you pay for. Budget diapers don't hold up well in my experience. I second the Craigslist suggestion though. You can get a good bunch for cheap on there.