Thread: Needed PO box size?

Default Needed PO box size?

I recently bought Certainties, however they are not quite what I am looking for. I want to purchase some of the higher quality diapers available online. I am living at home for another year or two however, and my family is not averse to opening packages I get sent at home as they are usually things they find interesting (routers, switches, ASAs, computers etc.)

I want to get a PO box, and the one half a mile away and on my way to my desk job has all 5 sizes available. What size would be needed for shipments from XPmedical?

(Size 4 is 11"x11"x14.75", Size 5 is 22.5"x12"x14.75". Size 3 is 11"x5.5"x14.75", but I doubt that will work)

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I looked but wasn't able to turn up any results.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
    I recently bought Certainties, however they are not quite what I am looking for. I want to purchase some of the higher quality diapers available online. I am living at home for another year or two however, and my family is not averse to opening packages I get sent at home as they are usually things they find interesting (routers, switches, ASAs, computers etc.)

I want to get a PO box, and the one half a mile away and on my way to my desk job has all 5 sizes available. What size would be needed for shipments from XPmedical?

(Size 4 is 11"x11"x14.75", Size 5 is 22.5"x12"x14.75". Size 3 is 11"x5.5"x14.75", but I doubt that will work)

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I looked but wasn't able to turn up any results.
    You actually don't really need a PO Box. You would be better just having them addressed to a UPS Store or FedEx Office store. Some places actually don't allow shipping to PO boxes.

There's only a $5 fee. All you need to do is to get the address of a UPS STORE of your choice and use that as the shipping address. Keep your billing address as the one used on your card. On address line 2, you need to enter a phone number, they use that to call when your package has arrived, then you pick it up at your convenience.

Nothing else is required beyond that, no need to call them and make arrangements. Usually places ship in discreet packaging. Also it doesn't matter which package carrier is used to deliver. The one thing is that they don't accept is USPS.

When you have things sent to a PO box you have to remember there are weight restrictions. You can't have full cases sent to a PO box. If you have a package sent to you
    and it won't fit in your box they'll leave a notice in your box and you will have to claim it at the window. The best thing to do is check with your post office and see what they
    will accept. It could also depend on what class your post office is depending on where you live.

My household has a PO box at the Post Office. You can rent the smallest size and still have your items delivered - if it's too large to fit in the box they will put a yellow slip inside saying to come pick it up at the counter. Since other people in the house get their mail there I don't have the option of having those kinds of goodies sent there

A post office can not accept UPS/FEDEX.

What does having a cell have to do with getting a box at the UPS Store?

As MOP points out, your box doesn't constrain the package size. Either you have to call for it at the window OR in come cases you'll find a key to a parcel locker in your box which opens a larger mailbox (it retains the key once you open it and extract your package).

I have had full cases shipped to my letter sized PO Box with no issues as they hold them in the back for you to pick up. It can be embarrassing if the packaging is not discrete. One postal worker told me to "enjoy" which kinda creeped me out. FedX or UPS shipping is way cheeper and free in many cases so I have all packages shipped home now.

sending to a fedex gets rid of the fees for a PO box, as for the cell, you could always camp the phone at home on the day you know your package will be arriving, but that's risky. The size of the package depends on your order. For instance, I just ordered a case of M4(42 diapers) obviously, it's going to be rather hefty. Ordering a single pack will keep the size low. single packs can be roughly compared to that of a pack of depends at the store (Always assume just a tad larger just in case). I know I'm not giving you a direct answer (because I don't have anything to measure with D but I hope this helps slightly.