Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand-writing...

Default Hand-writing...

So I don't know if anybody else over-thinks this stuff, but I've been really unhappy with my hand-writing as of late. It's woefully messy and icky and horribly masculine. I know a lot of you aren't trans, you're just girls at heart... but I wonder if anybody else has thought about going out of your way to re-learn to write? I've been working for a few days and I've got a new style that I can write in almost as fast as my old style now. It's a work in progress obviously, but...

Does anybody else do this? Or has done this?

Great work! Your girl writing is super-cute - love the hearts dotting the i's

I've thought about doing this. My writing has always been so messy, ever since I was a kid. And I've found that girls seem to have neater writing, usually. Sometimes I like to write in cursive when I'm feeling little, since it looks prettier. But I'd love to write like you! Did you just practice a whole lot over those few days?

I came up with an alphabet I liked on the first day and then just practiced writing lots. It took quite some time for the letters to become natural, and the rest of the time has been working on speed. And consistency. And accuracy. There's still a lot of letters I don't like...

Well, for just a few days, that's really impressive. It must take a lot of practice to go against a natural thing like how you write. I have so much trouble with neat writing to begin with, so I'm really amazed at what you've accomplished. Keep it up!

Add me to the list...my writing, and hand-printing...is atrocious...unless I'm applying drafting style, which is time consuming...

I rarely do any by hand anymore, but I have tried to clean up my signature...perhaps I'll try your methods Pirouette! I like it!
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    I came up with an alphabet I liked on the first day and then just practiced writing lots. It took quite some time for the letters to become natural, and the rest of the time has been working on speed. And consistency. And accuracy. There's still a lot of letters I don't like...
    Yeah my handwriting is atrocious, I have a small motor skills disorder and had to use a word processor or a typewriter when I was little(pre-k through middle school) and then laptops(high school and later) later on. So while I can write some what I never really got any good formal penmanship training something I definitely must work on. Your girl writing is very pretty Pirouette, and is amazing for just a few days.
    -
    Adella

Ditto! I do all my writing on computers. I always got static from teachers when in school for my poor penmanship. Now they can all drop dead. Oh wait, they probably are all dead, and yet, my bad handwriting lives on. It's alive, I tell you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adella View Post
    Yeah my handwriting is atrocious, I have a small motor skills disorder and had to use a word processor or a typewriter when I was little(pre-k through middle school) and then laptops(high school and later) later on. So while I can write some what I never really got any good formal penmanship training something I definitely must work on. Your girl writing is very pretty Pirouette, and is amazing for just a few days.
    -
    Adella
    Wow,

I too have small motor problems most likely related to spinal meningitis and near dying when very young...

Anyhow, I didn't have computers available until middle school...the just didn't exist like today...

I'm middle school I used a trs-80 for doing reports...

I also still to this day can't draw anything beyond stick figures...

Anyhow, I sorta even envy the little kids that draw...I just can't even stay inside the lines unless concentrating so much it makes it totally work...

But, my handwriting is near unreadable...I can read it...but not many other can...

B

I did learn a lot about what constitutes "feminine" handwriting. It's actually really interesting the little subtleties that go into this stuff, especially given it's all perception anyway. What I learned most was that round parts on letters (a,b,c,d,e,g,o,p,q) should always be close to perfect circles and should be as consistent among letters as possible. And straight lines should always have a flourish (look at my t's and l's) and that no grown woman should dot her i's and j's with hearts but screw the rules.

love the hearts i didn't do writign but i did make myself a wicked signature in my girl name lol