Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers in Barcelona, Spain

Exclamation Diapers in Barcelona, Spain

This fall I will stop in Barcelona while on a long vacation cruise starting in Istanbul and will need to restock diapers there, if possible.

Can anyone advise where and how to do this in Barcelona? Do drug stores stock adult diapers (pañales) on the shelves or will I need to find a medical supply house?

My preferred brands are Abena or Molicare, but I will settle for any quality diaper. I am medically fecal incontinent, so I really need something good at containing leakage.

I do speak Spanish, and can read Catalan, but my Web searches did not identify retailers in Barcelona, just wholesalers.

Thanks for any help you can give.

--JD

Hi
    there is a medical supply shop just off the main square: Placa de Catalunya I visited when I was on holiday in Salou. I specially took the train for the day and found my quest - Spanish rubbers (plastic pants). I did also do what I had told my family I was doing ie visit Tibidabo theme park as well!!
    Wasn't looking for disposables but they should be easier to find than nappies and rubbers (cloth and plastic pants).
    There was also a chemist at the foot of Tibidabo hill which was more than the usual expensive perfume shop, it sold some medical appliances / surgical bandages etc so may possibly have inco stuff as well.
    I will look these up for you if interested.

Am off to Benidorm in August so will be looking for stuff in Alicante if I can get away with it!

the 3rd poster makes a very good point: there's loads of pharmacies in Barca so the 1st 2 posts where they have amazingly found one aren't that special, there's one every 10 shops or so as you walk along, what you need is the special ones that do incontinence stuff.

Ade and Sambus

Thanks for your help!

With Google Maps I found Algodones del Bages, S.A.U., which appears to be a distributor for Texpol Maxi Briefs, a taped diaper which visually appears to be adequate.

Some such establishments are wholesale only. I would like to be able to confirm that it will make retail sales to the public, so I will try to email and/or call.

I had noted the numerous farmacias, but am fearful that I could waste half a day going from one small farmacia to another without finding decent adult diapers.
    Unfortunately, most of the pharmacies either lack a Web page or do not indicate that they stock adult diapers.

Regrettably the local Hartmann distributor (Molicare) appears not to offer their taped diaper in Spain.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

--JD

Quote Originally Posted by jdinvirginia View Post
    Ade and Sambus

I had noted the numerous farmacias, but am fearful that I could waste half a day going from one small farmacia to another without finding decent adult diapers.
    Unfortunately, most of the pharmacies either lack a Web page or do not indicate that they stock adult diapers.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

--JD
    simply call in any Farmacia when you get there and ask where the one or ones that sell incontinence stuff are and they will tell you, if you bring a map they can show you, you only need a few words of Spanish. I've done it in Prague as well in Czech, Spanish is a doddle (easy) compared with that!

Sambus, I'm impressed with your success - and encouraged. Thanks. I believe you are saying that I'm worrying too much about it and that I should not encounter too much of a problem?

--JD

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    you only need a few words of Spanish.
    or a puddle at your feet

i've been looking again, but it seems to be much like the UK in this respect. a local searcher:
    FARMACIA en Barcelona

you can try other, specific search words, but it didn't reveal much more than what you see in the above link.
    at least you've got a load of addresses and phone numbers to try. as it's similar to the UK, it may be worth checking out some of those wholesalers, or local manufacturers, as such will often sell retail, direct from their premises.
    Indas (of Indaslip fame) is a Spanish manufacturer, if all else fails.

do they have xxl baby diapers for bedwetters in barcelona?

Quote Originally Posted by happiesxxl View Post
    do they have xxl baby diapers for bedwetters in barcelona?
    you could try an online supermarket and see if they have them. I found mercadona on google but seems like you need to register and need id card number etc.

there is a Spanish ABDL forum: Diaper Foro: Página Inicial

UPDATE found them: www.happyjama.es
    Last edited by sambus; 04-Jul-2013 at 07:09. Reason: missed out some text