Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedwetting difficulties

Default Bedwetting difficulties

Having mastered daytime peeing with increasing lack of attention, other than when driving, I have now been able for a few nights to be padded and attempting a sleep, free of trips to the toilet and in preparation for an upcoming opportunity for an extended 24/7.
    I have yet to master easy peeing when in bed and when I awake and needing a pee, I find that the only way to release is to semi take my mind off the need by taking up the I pad for a review of the latest ADISC posts. I start to pee almost as soon as I pick the I-pad up. Do others suffer from this diversion need which is almost as annoying as having to get up?
    Any tips would be appreciated although I anticipate - Practice, Practice , Practice!
    I am also concerned that I may start to associate peeing with picking up the I pad which could be embarrassing when unpadded.

goodnites101

Since I am quite new in DL, i have not gone 24/7 but i get the same thing, trouble peeing at night time.. what diapers do you use at night?

[QUOTE=
    Any tips would be appreciated although I anticipate - Practice, Practice , Practice![/QUOTE]

All I can say is Practice, Practice , Practice

You are Unpotty training it takes a while. like it took you a while to be potty trained.

Quote Originally Posted by tantricfollower View Post
    I have yet to master easy peeing when in bed and when I awake and needing a pee, I find that the only way to release is to semi take my mind off the need....... Do others suffer from this diversion need which is almost as annoying as having to get up?
    lucky you!
    but, i'm no help, unless you a bit of quirky context: i don't normally feel any need to pee whilst alseep nor for sometime after awaking, no matter how full my bladder is and thus, i rarely awake from such need. the swinging irony (yep, i did say 'swinging') is that, courtesy of the stop-start training method, i don't sleepwet.
    not that i don't feel anything, but it's usually the sense of the weight and swolleness and/or pain, but nothing that's associated with the sense of 'having to go'.

success may not always be a friend.

I don't know if this is of any help, but I often have trouble peeing in the toilet, just a shy bladder thing. But if I start singing a little song in my head, I will usually start to go.

robbw

Mom wishes I couldn't wet my bed. I wet every night, I have all my life.

like the others will say, practice practice practice. Holding your bladder is the default behavior, it takes awhile to get good at overriding it on demand. It's like not blinking when something jumps up in your face. If you want to take better control over your bladder, just work your way up.

It sounds like your ipad is working as a mental cue similar to standing in front of the toilet. Compare "start times" with different situations.

I found it difficult too. I tried different positions and found two that work for me. One is lying on my stomach with my legs in an "h" position. The other is to lie on my back and bend my knees so the bottoms of my feet touch. For whatever reason these work. As mentioned before, you're undoing something you learned to do a long time ago. Usually when the alarm goes off, I flow freely, regardless of the position I'm in.

I honestly don't think it's possible to wet while laying down without leaking. At least I haven't figured it out yet.