Thread: Hair Styles

Default Hair Styles

I have been wanting to try a new hair style, something neutral/unisex/almost girly but wouldn't raise any eyes for the normal crowd.

Most TG sites I keep finding are all about wigs or trying to MtF pass or are years out of date/dead. I just want something cute with my natural hair that in private, I could maybe girly up but could lean either way in public.

Where have you gone to choose a different style/cut? Any special sites?

Is 'Transgender friendly' the best way to go for finding a Salon or have you been alright going to a regular one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris View Post
    I have been wanting to try a new hair style, something neutral/unisex/almost girly but wouldn't raise any eyes for the normal crowd."..."..."
    That's some good questions...I have about shoulder-blade length hair...that I can wear down, or in a pony, and I had some highlights done for free...it just really seems to depend on how I brush it, and what clothes I'm wearing, and how I'm carrying myself...whether or not it looks girly...

I would imagine that any salon, would do whatever style you want...perhaps what you are looking for though would be an androgynous style-cut, because any 'foo-foo' do...would have to be washed/brushed out for the times you wanted to blend with them normal people ;-)

I am still wanting to learn to do some things with my hair; other than some of the exceptions though...most cuts, and many styles are quite universal...accessories, attitude, and posture (and obvious 'naughty-bits') seems to me to be what sets it all off...

It'd be worth looking in your area for trans-friendly...I assume there is such places?

-Marka

I'm half an hours drive from Dallas, so I'm sure there is something even though Google is not being very helpful. The ones local tend to be the hang out spot for the older women so I don't think I would have much luck in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris View Post
    I have been wanting to try a new hair style, something neutral/unisex/almost girly but wouldn't raise any eyes for the normal crowd.

Most TG sites I keep finding are all about wigs or trying to MtF pass or are years out of date/dead. I just want something cute with my natural hair that in private, I could maybe girly up but could lean either way in public.

Where have you gone to choose a different style/cut? Any special sites?

Is 'Transgender friendly' the best way to go for finding a Salon or have you been alright going to a regular one?
    if you have long enough hair and are trying to hide it during the day or keep it in place really well.... try a french-braid. it is easy to do and look really good. and can tie-up a lot of hair in a very small space. i use to keep mine that way in the summer time so it was out of my face and work.... you can do it over or under too for a different look....
    3 Ways to French Braid - wikiHow

The term is how we wear our bodies. AkA "carry ourselves" and hair is part of that less in gross overview as length or color/permed etc but more of cues such as how parted or gel&sprayed- or not thence on to the dizzying arrays offered in clips/bows ribbons et all. Age betrayal or opposition is useful too. Claire's flash in my oldster's hair is a focus distraction.

Some of the most dramatic transforms of us from hearing sir or miss to the opposite are in simple ten minutes of gel plus a few bucks worth of gingerbread accessories. Or the reversal by showering gel/spray out after deleting the gingerbread in our hair. I've got a stupidly wide grin on.

From recalling the recent work trip where after completing the project- I'd slipped into the most genderfluid look I could do with a 5 buck budget, The hair of halloween purple did it. Male boring clothes. Generic unisex sneakers. the hair and lip gloss alone plus self-projection got me called miss several times on the walmart run for breakfast stuff and pads. Giggles- unsure of a clean pass or just a to lazy to look crowd. I still loved the LOOK one woman gave me. She had to have seen the pads in my cart and maybe- it was the hair or? Either way- my look - it said something to her.

Closing take? Short or long is less than how styled to be brief.