Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plushie and Pacifier Dependance

Default Plushie and Pacifier Dependance

Just want to know what happens when you get plushie and pacifier dependance. Especially going to bed with them. I want to know so I know if I want to not let it happen to me or not.

As somebody who only uses his Paci at night and has been sleeping with his plushie for about 2 + months now, I can say that it depends from person to person.

Like, I myself don't have that kind of dependency because I tried to sleep without them and slept fine, it just felt weird after doing it for so long. So, by that logic, I don't have plushie/paci dependence.

Really, it all boils down to how much you really have that need to sleep with them and how used to it you get, if you get too used to sleeping with them you may get dependent on them. It all just ends up being how much you personally end up using them both.

I tend to find myself having to cuddle up with something to be able to sleep but ive had that need for as long as i can remember, quite often i will snuggle into one of my plushies but if i cant i tend to end up hugging the duvat or one of the pilows, as for the paci part, well while i do use them sometimes, I tend to find myself waking up having taken it out during the night if i try to sleep with one

Same as want Braddeh said it really is down to you as a person. i find my self craving for my for my pacifier at bed time stared as a tool for regression. Now has become some think i can't go to seep with out. I guess the trick is not to overindulge yourself. on the flip side i can think of worst things to be addicted to so don't worry your little! self about it to much . big hugs little leo

Ultimately, the worst that's realistically going to happen is you have an incredibly difficult time faling asleep without. You still will be able to, but it will take forever and not necessarily be the most restful. Keep in mind, I fully agree that it's different from person to person; all I am doing is giving you a worst case scenario. I am fully dependent, but have no problem with it. All the best,
    Spike

Quote Originally Posted by KidSpike13 View Post
    Ultimately, the worst that's realistically going to happen is you have an incredibly difficult time faling asleep without. You still will be able to, but it will take forever and not necessarily be the most restful. Keep in mind, I fully agree that it's different from person to person; all I am doing is giving you a worst case scenario. I am fully dependent, but have no problem with it. All the best,
    Spike
    You are not the only one I find it hard to sleep if I don't have my Teddy to hug.

At first glance, I thought that this thread was this one: https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...ependance.html with a new post. I link it as an example of the downside. I don't know what drives that. Nothing I've done in that area has led to dependence but rather an ease of enjoyment. I can still take or leave any of these things on any given day. It almost sounds like an alcoholic saying that they can quit anytime they want, but I'm not feeling any sort of need, which to me is ideal. It's great to be able to enjoy these things on their merits but not actually need them (same principle as liking diapers but not wishing for incontinence).

I'm pretty dependant on pacifier and plushies at night, but I don't see it as a bad thing. The biggest problem would be sleeping away from home, which is not an issue for me.

I'm largely dependent on my paci and plushies by sleeping with them every night since I had them. I am pretty dependent on my plushie to fall asleep but I can only sleep without them for about 2 days and I'll feel a need for them again. I also get a better sleep if I sleep with them.

Like Linus and his blanket from Charlie Brown they are like security . Some of us feel more secure when we have these things.