Thread: taking a step back

Question taking a step back

about a year ago, I thought to myself that i couldn't be an AB/DL/BabyFur anymore as i had the "This isnt normal" thoughts going though my head, and so i stepped back, about 2 months after however (no pun intended) I came crawling back with a stronger desire then before. I'm just curious as to how many others have had the "This isn't normal thoughts" and tried to move away from it all, also with people who have, how long did they go without for and was it the same as me when you came back with the stronger desire

hey there. Yes i have had the same i went for 8 weeks with out any AB/DL activities i got rid of all my nappies all my soft toys and bikys . Then it hit! me like a freight train this overwhelming feeling of sadness and emptiness. All i could think was why me! and why this . At the time i was alone with it so feel't like i was doing some think that was not acceptable and unhealthy of the mind. But now i have accepted it and is big part of who i am. You can spend a life time fighting it but that may only lead to deep dark place. Being a AB/DL can be your best friend or your worst enemy! some people may not agree but that's just my take on it. big hugs little leo
    Last edited by littleleo; 27-Jun-2013 at 11:30.

*hugs ittle leo back*

yeah, you can go to very dark places indeed if you try to fight of something that defines who you are, its like trying fight off a wild bear, the more you push it away the more pissed off it gets and it only bites back harder, thankfuly ive accepted meself now and have a few friends who I can be who i am with, though i have to say, I'm always looking for more hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Talleo View Post
    about a year ago, I thought to myself that i couldn't be an AB/DL/BabyFur anymore as i had the "This isnt normal" thoughts going though my head, and so i stepped back, about 2 months after however (no pun intended) I came crawling back with a stronger desire then before. I'm just curious as to how many others have had the "This isn't normal thoughts" and tried to move away from it all, also with people who have, how long did they go without for and was it the same as me when you came back with the stronger desire
    Never have had the thoughts. Why fight it in the first place? It'd be like me fighting the fact I like computers and technology over sports (e-sports being the exception )

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Never have had the thoughts. Why fight it in the first place? It'd be like me fighting the fact I like computers and technology over sports (e-sports being the exception )
    LOL, yes i do see your point but its a little harder to accept sometimes that you like something that in normal eyes would be considered to be 'out of the norm' and 'freeky'

Quote Originally Posted by Talleo View Post
    LOL, yes i do see your point but its a little harder to accept sometimes that you like something that in normal eyes would be considered to be 'out of the norm' and 'freeky'
    I completely agree since I had the same problem. I certainly had the same kinds of experiences you describe in your first post. All I can say is that when I finally made that effort to accept it and myself, things started getting better and the cycle of self-loathing and stress was broken. It's surprisingly hard to let yourself be happy but it's worth working at and it gets easier over time. You can still try to change things about yourself that you don't like or instill brand new positive habits but I think this is one of those things that's largely outside that. No healthy habit training is going to break my affinity for the color blue, hamburgers, or a certain song I love. I can overindulge in these things and get tired of them for a while and I can certainly control when I interact with them and to what extent but the desire remains. This is a weird thing we like but it can be highly enjoyable and a positive thing in your life if you do it right. Spend your energy looking for the ways to get the best out of it rather than running from it.