Thread: Crashing the Party

Default Crashing the Party

So I'm not a shy person. In fact, I'm usually quite forward. In fact, "Matt" is indeed my real name (cue dramatic music). 'MattiKins' is what I am called, strangely, by several friends and coworkers, not all of whom know each other. I never encouraged that nickname, but I am fond of it.

It makes me wonder if I am that obvious about my penchant for age regression. Like, if it somehow got out that I was an AB/DL, nobody would be surprised. This is a side of my life that only my husband and a couple close friends know about, but in a way I never grew up and even as I crossed over the 40 year line, I've never felt my age and haven't for a long time. I'm in a peculiar space right now where I am not sure where to take this.

My life as a 40-year old foodservice worker and struggling musician still dominates most of my waking hours, though. I still have to go through adult life and it does have its privileges. I came across this site and figured that exploring my headspace is something I'd like to dedicate a little more time towards.

I am a lover of music, an avid reader, a pretty good debater on political issues, I know a lot about fitness and training though you wouldn't know it by looking at me, and I have a cat. Shocker, I know.

Anyway, this will have to do for now. Hope I make some friends and acquaintances here. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    So I'm not a shy person. In fact, I'm usually quite forward. In fact, "Matt" is indeed my real name (cue dramatic music). 'MattiKins' is what I am called, strangely, by several friends and coworkers, not all of whom know each other. I never encouraged that nickname, but I am fond of it.

It makes me wonder if I am that obvious about my penchant for age regression. Like, if it somehow got out that I was an AB/DL, nobody would be surprised. This is a side of my life that only my husband and a couple close friends know about, but in a way I never grew up and even as I crossed over the 40 year line, I've never felt my age and haven't for a long time. I'm in a peculiar space right now where I am not sure where to take this.

My life as a 40-year old foodservice worker and struggling musician still dominates most of my waking hours, though. I still have to go through adult life and it does have its privileges. I came across this site and figured that exploring my headspace is something I'd like to dedicate a little more time towards.

I am a lover of music, an avid reader, a pretty good debater on political issues, I know a lot about fitness and training though you wouldn't know it by looking at me, and I have a cat. Shocker, I know.

Anyway, this will have to do for now. Hope I make some friends and acquaintances here. Cheers!
    Welcome MattKins!

I also have wondered if nicknames are born from ques picked-up on by our nature in it's subtleties. I am also 40 and love music (electronica, rock, and pop ((Cranberries, Mike and the Mechanics, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Idol)), and some new age stuff too) and am an avid reader (favorites: auto-biographies or medical/psychology research). I also love debates on political issues but am a poor debater.

I also love cats (actually all animals) and can identify with them well. I don't have any cats but can understand their complexities and 'aloofness' and find them irresistable!

I hope you find your answers and enjoyment here. I look forward to getting my ass kicked in debating with you. Prost!

greetings and salutations, welcome to this wonderful place, I hope you find everyone here friendly and inviting,

Thanks for the welcome, you guys!