Thread: Any Cures for a dampness Itch?

Default Any Cures for a dampness Itch?

Besides a diaper that would pull the dampness away. I have been using baby lotion and baby powder , corn starch type but only last about 2 hrs. Damp undies from dribbles and sweat. Been changing undies to.

I've often found that wetness-related itches can be cured by giving yourself time to air out. Try and get some privacy, and spend an hour without any pants/underwear just airing out the area. You can do this at night in bed if there are no other options. This works well for me.

For prevention, in addition to powder and quality diapers, be sure to change regularly, and drink lots of water. If your pee is less concentrated, you won't get a rash as easily. You may also want to look into using guards if you've been dribbling into underwear.

I hope this helps! Good luck against those nasty rashes!

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I've often found that wetness-related itches can be cured by giving yourself time to air out. Try and get some privacy, and spend an hour without any pants/underwear just airing out the area. You can do this at night in bed if there are no other options. This works well for me.

For prevention, in addition to powder and quality diapers, be sure to change regularly, and drink lots of water. If your pee is less concentrated, you won't get a rash as easily. You may also want to look into using guards if you've been dribbling into underwear.

I hope this helps! Good luck against those nasty rashes!
    Thanks I had forgotten about airing out. I will try the guards.

Depending on the type of rash, you might need zinc oxide or anti fungicidal cream.

If your rash has roundish, elevated dimple and is mainly in the groin erea, it could be fungic. Look it up in google image. That type of rash will NOT go away unless you use the apropriate cream to kill the mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    Depending on the type of rash, you might need zinc oxide or anti fungicidal cream.

If your rash has roundish, elevated dimple and is mainly in the groin erea, it could be fungic. Look it up in google image. That type of rash will NOT go away unless you use the apropriate cream to kill the mushroom.
    Thanks but it not an infection, it is just have not let myself dry out completely . Like Adventure said need to let some air get to it.

funseeker

My solution is to use a daily care skin protectant muti-purpose product. The name is Lantiseptic and it is available at Drug Store.com etc.
    It is used by professionals so they say. It is also a moisturizer which really helps.