Thread: Hello from JD

Default Hello from JD

Hello all,

I just joined the group and, by way of introduction, am a 70-year old male who is fecally incontinent due to a serious accident which damaged my pelvic nerves, causing me to lose much sphincter control and most of my ability to sense the presence of stool in the rectum or an approaching BM.

Under the direction of my gastroenterologists I cope with occasional bowel incontinence by administering clearing enemas each morning to prevent fecal accidents later in the day. The enemas are usually, but not 100% effective, so I wear disposable diapers with plastic or PUL pants as a backup safety net, and a fecal containment swim diaper when in the pool.

I have been wearing diapers full-time only for about a year. When I was trying to learn more about diaper selection and the best ways to control fecal leakage, I learned a lot from old messages in this group. I prefer Abena Abriform and Wellness tape-on diapers. Were it not for the effectiveness of my diapers I probably would have become a recluse.

I wrote this paper on using enemas to control fecal incontinence.

Last edited by Lobie; 26-Jun-2013 at 20:17. Reason: Removed personal information