Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All You Lovely People

PrincessEmi

Default Hello All You Lovely People

ello :3

I'm Emmeline (emme-leeeeeeen). Call me Emi, Emily, or Potato if you so wish. Just let me know ahead of time hehe~ To be honest, I've been waiting until I turned 18 to join this community for what feels like forever! I was super surprised when I found out that I wasn't the only weirdo in the world, because everyone is a weirdo in some way or another, but it was nice to know I wasn't the only one into this kind of stuff xD.

I LOVE CATS. I've just liked them ever since I first saw one because they are so adorable and yet are dignified and graceful. Plus they are super soft.
    As a teenage girl, I admit I am easily drawn to soft or shiny things, and am notorious for spending excessive amounts of time on forever21's website.

Beauty isn't the most important thing in the world, but to all that say, "it's what's on the inside that counts", I say that while it is true in the end, it is not at first glance. When we meet someone for the first time, all we know is what we can see and what we can glean from the few sentences exchanged. If someone looks professional, we assume they are professional until proven otherwise. We then treat them as we perceive them, furthering their attribute of professionalism in our brains. In a perfect world, all the evil people would be ugly and all the nice people would be beautiful. In our minds, it seems that way as we are influenced by the halo effect. It is impossible to keep an entirely open mind.

That being said, I try to keep a decently-open mind. Keyword: try.

I live under a rock when it comes to politics and current events. It is so easy to get swept up in movements and then look back a few years later and realize that one had no idea what was actually happening. I just don't feel that I am able to trust or fully support anything that I am not entirely sure about. Does anyone really know what happens in politics? I'm not saying all the government does is lie to us and I'm not saying that we ought to know everything (as that may do more harm than good). Perhaps I'll be able to throw my faith into something someday.

I also draw, paint, play piano, sing (in the shower), run, sleep, eat, take selfies, and collect human hearts (just kidding, they're elephant hearts)

Thanks for reading my long introduction/rant/break-from-choosing-college-classes-agh-why-is-it-so-difficult

-Emmeline <3

Hiiiiiiiiyaaaa Emi, I want to be one of the first to welcome you to ADISC. I hope you will find this place to be welcoming to one and all. And trust me everyone in here has different interests so don't worry. And by the way how do you collect elephant hearts? and welcome to ADISC

Heya and Welcome Emi. Nice to meet you. Sounds like you like a pretty eventfull live there. Good luck with the college courses. Make sure you pick good ones.

Good morning, welcome to our site. I hope you have a wonderful time here. I've been here for just about a month. I am a mommy from Fort Wayne Indiana, and love to care for adult size babies. When did you start your piano lessons?
    I have had only short exposure to the piano, and that was my eighth grade year. Hope to hear from you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessEmi View Post
    ello :3

I'm Emmeline (emme-leeeeeeen). Call me Emi, Emily, or Potato if you so wish. Just let me know ahead of time hehe~ To be honest, I've been waiting until I turned 18 to join this community for what feels like forever! I was super surprised when I found out that I wasn't the only weirdo in the world, because everyone is a weirdo in some way or another, but it was nice to know I wasn't the only one into this kind of stuff xD.

I LOVE CATS. I've just liked them ever since I first saw one because they are so adorable and yet are dignified and graceful. Plus they are super soft.
    As a teenage girl, I admit I am easily drawn to soft or shiny things, and am notorious for spending excessive amounts of time on forever21's website.

Beauty isn't the most important thing in the world, but to all that say, "it's what's on the inside that counts", I say that while it is true in the end, it is not at first glance. When we meet someone for the first time, all we know is what we can see and what we can glean from the few sentences exchanged. If someone looks professional, we assume they are professional until proven otherwise. We then treat them as we perceive them, furthering their attribute of professionalism in our brains. In a perfect world, all the evil people would be ugly and all the nice people would be beautiful. In our minds, it seems that way as we are influenced by the halo effect. It is impossible to keep an entirely open mind.

That being said, I try to keep a decently-open mind. Keyword: try.

I live under a rock when it comes to politics and current events. It is so easy to get swept up in movements and then look back a few years later and realize that one had no idea what was actually happening. I just don't feel that I am able to trust or fully support anything that I am not entirely sure about. Does anyone really know what happens in politics? I'm not saying all the government does is lie to us and I'm not saying that we ought to know everything (as that may do more harm than good). Perhaps I'll be able to throw my faith into something someday.

I also draw, paint, play piano, sing (in the shower), run, sleep, eat, take selfies, and collect human hearts (just kidding, they're elephant hearts)

Thanks for reading my long introduction/rant/break-from-choosing-college-classes-agh-why-is-it-so-difficult

-Emmeline <3
    Nice intro Emmiline!

Glad you finally are able to join. We look forward to getting to know you better.

I understand your statement about trying to keep an open mind with all the complexities and uncertaninties going on in the world today. It is a daily struggle to stay positive in the pre-conceived outcome. I also understand your disstrust in politics and government. What do we really know right?

I also couldn't ignore your last part about your 'likes'. I also paint, and illustrate (mainly acrylic on canvas, colored pencil, charcoal, graphite), and adore animals of the feline type. They are sooo complex but admirable!

Good luck in your college classes. I know how demanding they can be!

Hello and welcome to this wonderful little corner of the internet, yes we are all freeks and thats what makes the world go around, without the weirdness, the world would be one boring place so long live the freeks, hehe

*gives you an ant heart* an elephant heart is a little too hard to get ahold of XD

Welcome to ADISC. What is your favourite songs to sing in the shower? :P

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to engage in.

Stay dry and happy!

Herro PrincessEmi :3!

Since a lot has been asked already I won't punish you with more boring questions ^-^!

So just welcome to adisc and enjoy your time here!