Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Build A Bear My Little Pony Plushies?

Default Cleaning Build A Bear My Little Pony Plushies?

So I've slept with my Pinkie Pie plushie for months now since I bought her when they first started selling them at Build a Bear. Now, she's starting to smell. How could I clean her or make her smell better? She's made of 100% polyester fiberfill, and polyurethane foam. Thanks guys

Not hot water.No dryer. For my teddy I spray a little bit of laundry deterget mixed in a spray bottle filled with water and vinegar on him. Then I gently brush him. If he is really yucky I put him inside a sealed pillowcase and wash him in the washing machine. Air drying is important.

If he is just smelly try a dryer sheet in the dryer on med. heat. It gets rid of the dust mites as well.

You might want to try just wiping her down with a lightly soapy washcloth, then one that's only damp.

I use the "snow day" method. Put your plush in a plastic bag it fits into with some room to spare.
    Sprinkle your friend with a genrous amount of sodium bicarbonate, it might sound dangerous but itīs just regular baking soda
    Rub it in well and seal up the bag, leave for a day or so then use a vacuum cleaner to get it of.

Works great and it softens matted fur a bit too.

Could I just wipe her down with a nice smelling dryer sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo5 View Post
    Could I just wipe her down with a nice smelling dryer sheet?
    All that would do is mask the smell, not get rid of the source of the odor. I know, you're probably worried about damaging her. Does she have a small fabric tag with care instructions on her?

The tag says "ALL NEW MATERIAL. 100% polyester fiberfill, polyurethane foam. Hand wash and air dry. Surface wash only if toy contains mechanism." I have no idea what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo5 View Post
    The tag says "ALL NEW MATERIAL. 100% polyester fiberfill, polyurethane foam. Hand wash and air dry. Surface wash only if toy contains mechanism." I have no idea what to do.
    Then I'd recommend the washcloth method I mentioned earlier.

Going to attempt it tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted. :P