Thread: Cloth: All-in-One or Plastic Pants

Default Cloth: All-in-One or Plastic Pants

Hey all!

What do you prefer? Cloth diapers with plastic pants or an all-in-one cloth diaper?

*As a side note, I was thinking of wearing some Goodnites with an all-in-one cloth diaper on the outside so I could totally soak them, let them leak, and feel the wetness close to my skin!*

I happen to prefer separates -- prefolds with pull-on plastic pants. They are exceptionally functional and leak-proof, though I mostly appreciate their similarity to what I was raised in. I was a cloth baby.

Coming from disposables, though, separates would be an adventurer's choice. If you're looking mainly for a reusable cover for smaller disposables, an AIO makes much more sense. At least to me.

Seperate layers. I have an all-in-one, and it has the same design flaw that disposables do; The waterproof barrier has a large gap-like seam, resulting in easy side-leaks. I suppose a pull-on all in one might work better, though, I'm willing to bet it might wick up into the stitched part, resulting in potential wicking onto clothing.

I've been wearing Dependeco AIO's the past 6 months with no leak problems. They have a PUL liner sewn in them but do need plastic pants or a PUL cover.
    The outer cover of the AIO does get damp. I got a couple of Dependeco PUL covers recently and they seem to work better for me than plastic pants. With
    them being breatheable I haven't noticed that sweat or pee smell that you smell with plastic pants. They have back elastic's as well as elastic in the leg
    openings. They are nice and soft with flannel inner liner and easy on the leg's which helps in preventing chafing.

You say that they get damp on the outside? Do all AIO diapers do this? Their website advertises "100% leak proof". And, what is the difference between cotton and flannel?

I do like that site! Thank you for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Schneaky View Post
    You say that they get damp on the outside? Do all AIO diapers do this? Their website advertises "100% leak proof". And, what is the difference between cotton and flannel?

I do like that site! Thank you for the idea!
    Their both cotton, but in my opinion the flannel is softer. The reason for the dampness is that the PUL liner is breatheable it does get damp. With the PUL diaper cover the inner flannel will absorb
    some of the dampness while the PUL outer cover does stay dry.

There are some AIO's out there that have PVC covers which aren't the best. Also they are hard to dry and can't be dried in a dryer.
    Last edited by oleman72; 25-Jun-2013 at 18:19. Reason: updated

Ah, Okay. I see them now on the site.

Thank you! I might try those. Do they run small? I normally wear medium disposables.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneaky View Post
    Ah, Okay. I see them now on the site.

Thank you! I might try those. Do they run small? I normally wear medium disposables.
    There available in small, medium, and large. With the four tape Velcro design they have a good range in each size. I wear a size large and like the adjustability of the diaper. When there adjusted they
    stay put.