Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedtime Stories

Default Bedtime Stories

I have recently got into the idea of bedtime stories being read while in bed in my pjs while being read a story or told a story. It is a very toddlerish thing to put into roleplay. I had a baby girl I met on diap-er space a while before I came back, and I read her a bedtime story a few times on the phone, actually I told them and made them up off the top of my head. She actually said they were amazing when I told her I just made those up off the top of my head. So that made me feel good since I prefer being a daddy figure.

So my questions are for all of you...how do you feel about bedtime stories is it something you would want to tell or listened to or both? Also have you had any pat expeirances of it from roleplay or from when you were little?

Nah, I can't do it. The only thing you'd hear from me is...

"Bitch, read faster!"
    "What the fuck is this? The fucking ginger-what?"
    "A pig that talks, you've GOT to be kidding me!"

In all honesty, I cannot enjoy childrens stories. I love to read them to my little sister, doing the voices and actions, and it makes me super happy watching her giggling and stuff, but for them to be read to me? No. I'm an adult.

I love bedtime stories, but my daddy won't read any to me >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Nah, I can't do it. The only thing you'd hear from me is...

"Bitch, read faster!"
    "What the fuck is this? The fucking ginger-what?"
    "A pig that talks, you've GOT to be kidding me!"

In all honesty, I cannot enjoy childrens stories. I love to read them to my little sister, doing the voices and actions, and it makes me super happy watching her giggling and stuff, but for them to be read to me? No. I'm an adult.
    Try "Diary of a Worm", "Diary of a Spider" and "Diary of a Fly." They have some wonderful humor, i.e., in "Diary of a Worm," the little boy worm says "My sister is always staring at herself in the mirror. I told her, no matter how much you stare, your face is always gonna look just like your rear end."

That'd be cool. That'd be really cool. If someone was willing to do it I imagine I would love having a bedtime story read. Some of the earliest memories I have are actually having stories read to me before I went to bed. I would just love to be able to have that happen again. Even now I prefer to listen to an audiobook then read the book itself, though reading is still very fun indeed.

Well up until not too long ago my younger sis (and bro at times) had stories read to them and I'd often just go sit there with them. :P Yea it's fun. I often listen to audiobooks too.

I love telling them!
    I always used to tell my sister stories when we were a bit younger. I'd make them up, but they tended to be satirical versions of regular childhood stories. Or they'd be stupidly violent.

Fun times!

As for being told bedtime stories... I don't think I'd like it in a TB setting. I'd either be too bored to enjoy it, or find it too interesting to feel TBish.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    I'd make them up, but they tended to be satirical versions of regular childhood stories. Or they'd be stupidly violent. .
    Haha! Jeez your gonna give the kids nightmares Charlie! I made up my stories I told too. The one I made up went almost identical to this.....

"Once upon a time there was a mouse and a bunny rabit that lived deep in the woods. Even though they had never met eachother, they had very similar lifes. They both loved the forest, and they both loved looking on the ground for berries and nuts.

Well one day the mouse was doing just that, he calmly looked through the grass for berries and nuts when all the sudden he heard a big SWOOSH! So he started running knowing that it could be another animal trying to eat him1 He turned around as he was running and saw that a hawk had diived down to pick him up but missed him cause he ran but the hawk was trying again to get th mouse by diving down quickly. But just right before the hawk reached the ground near the mouse something bigand furry came over top of him as he heard the hawk sqwauk and some yell "Get out of here!" After taking his hands off his head and uncurling up from being scared, the big furry animal got off him and he saw that it was a bunny rabit! The bunny asked if the mous was okay and he was so the mouse thanked the bunny for saving his life. So the bunny and the mouse walked off together into the woods and spent all their life searching for nuts and berries together, so they became best friends forever!"

What do you all think, pretty good cheerful story with a climax and happy ending? Not bad for making that up in 5 minutes eh? lol

Yeah i'm generaly a daddy/big brother and I would love to read a bedtime story to someone.