Thread: Sudden diaper craving

Default Sudden diaper craving

I ran out of diapers a couple of weeks ago, and I've been wearing only at AB parties/meetings and stuff like that for quite some time. Though I still loved diapers, I didn't really miss them all that much. However, for no particular reason I suddenly started craving diapers pretty seriously since yesterday. I was kinda hoping to postpone buying new diapers a couple of weeks more, until the summer holiday starts, but I know myself well enough to assume a trip to the local pharmacy next tuesday. =P

Anyone else experienced a sudden diaper craving lately? Why does stuff like this always come out of nowhere, at times when it's not exactly convenient?

I tend to think of it like a food craving. I'm not always sure what sets those off, either. A lot of the time, it will be from some obvious source but sometimes, it just hits that I'd like a some particular food seemingly out of nowhere and while something else might fill me up, it's not going to be satisfying.

I haven't let myself run out of diapers in almost twenty years, so I haven't had your experience in a while. When Attends were vanishing from stores, I did run very low but I never used the last one (still got it) and I switched mostly to cloth for a while. Cloth is better than nothing but unless I'm looking for that specifically, which is pretty rare, it's not a great substitute. Thankfully, I was eventually able to find disposables that appealed in place of my much-loved Attends.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I tend to think of it like a food craving. I'm not always sure what sets those off, either.
    That's a great analogy Trevor. It really fits as a good explanation!
    By the time I was able to supply myself with proper fitting diapers (adult diapers), running out was never really an issue. Yes I did run out of diapers several times, but I was able to just go out and buy some whenever I needed. Back then the thought of making my own little supply or "stash" never occurred to me. Pretty much ever since I've had my own little supply tucked away somewhere I've never run out of diapers either.

Also, Trevor makes a great point about having clothe diapers. Similar to a food craving, and then just eating something to quiet your stomach. The same can be said about wanting diapers and only having clothe diapers available. Those might not please the palate, but they're better than nothing at all. But just as a matter of clarification, I like my cloth pants and diapers as much as I do my disposables.