Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Just Reamed Out Rite Aid

Default I Just Reamed Out Rite Aid

So today I asked for the manager of my local Rite Aid. He came, and asked me what my issue was. I told him that he was carrying crap incon supplies that were the best of the garbage. He thanked me, and I wrote down the names of some companies/diapers that actually function as a diaper.

Anywho, read a post a bit back where the op said to do this....so mission accomplished. You think it'll matter?

Why would it matter, its a corporation drug store. If they sell bad IC products then people will be back sooner to buy more. At some point it becomes more cost effective and thus cheaper to order good products online.

Hope so, that is were I have been getting mine. Some times it is the store and not the chain. The brands that sell the less they have been weeding out. I know the pull over IC pants, the ones that cover the diaper you have to special order from them they longer have them in store.

That's how everything it's made these days. That goes for cars and appliances. It seems that they put computer chips in things they make these days to break after a certain period of time. I had bought a fridge that went out on me exactly 1 day after the warranty expired.

it's not the managers fault that they carry crappy incon products, those decisions are made at the corporate level and I don't believe that the stores at the local level have much choice in what products they carry.

Someone still has to tell them though. I honestly don't think anyone has any clue that most IC products are inadequate. Nobody ever goes on the internet at reviews diapers. Every other consumer product has detailed reviews. Nobody has the courage to say that while wearing product "A" they had an accident in public and were so embarrassed that they did not ever want to leave their house again. This is reality but no one says this.

I disagree, many of the bigger online sources either have extensive testing (like XPMedical) or like National Incontinence or even Amazon a whole lot of user reviews.

Some chains give the local managers more authority than others. For example, we get really good lump charcoal at one local WalMart because several of us asked for it (and now that other smokers know it is there they go to that store to get it). I've seen chain stores stock Tena or Attends because "they had customers who wanted it."

Never hurts to make your requests know. "Reaming" isn't the way I'd put it though. I've been told by pharmacists at CVS and some of the others that they could special order me just about anything I wanted.

It's not profitable for chains to carry good diapers. There are too many stores, too few users, and they can't compete on price with an operation that is just a warehouse and a shipping and receiving department. Drugstores sell diapers for people who need something now and maybe not next week. Most people with long term issues have taken the time to hook up with a medical products supplier who can send them cases regularly at a better price because they don't have the overhead of several stores per city.

I suspect that the chain stores carry poor quality diapers because they are thin and discreet. My guess is that the majority of incontinent buyers are older and only need modest protection. Those who have a greater incontinence problem know that they are going to have to go on-line to get their products, two suppliers for two very different consumer markets.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    That's how everything it's made these days. That goes for cars and appliances. It seems that they put computer chips in things they make these days to break after a certain period of time. I had bought a fridge that went out on me exactly 1 day after the warranty expired.
    It's called planned obsolescence.