Thread: replacement for abena L3 -> totaldry plus

Default replacement for abena L3 -> totaldry plus

those of us that prefer plastic will need to find a replacement for the abriform in sizes under 4 since they're going to clothlike. I wear the L3 during the day and to work, so I tried bambino's "totaldry plus" diapers.

(they also sell "totaldry xplus", which are pretty diffrent)

I thought I'd post up a mini review of them for those of you looking for alternatives to your M2/L2/M3/L3 etc.

Shell is plastic, but it's the slightly textured plastic, about as smooth as abriform or bambino, not as smooth/soft as say breyo. No "racing stripes", but does have a single yellow wetness indicator on it, which is pretty discrete when dry. It has a retape panel, but with a very "medical" design to it, for consistent placement of tapes. Other than that it's all white.

The four tapes are small, and are placed a bit closer to each other on the sides than typical. Leg elastic is good. There are standing leak guards, but they're only about as tall as on the abriform, maybe slightly shorter. (I was hoping for taller like on the bambino)

Padding is about as thick as L3, possibly a little thinner. It doesn't extend as far in the front or back. Like how a lot of the lower end diapers have 4" or more of dead space in the front and back, that's how these are. (I don't care much for that) Just a little more dead space than you see on the L3. Also there is NO front or rear elastic.

BUT, they are pretty cheap by comparison. $65 gets you a case of 96 shipped. (68 cents/diaper) At under a buck apiece, they're cheaper than any abriform. (L2 are $1.12/diaper by the case, twice the price)

The shell is just soft enough to help cut down on noise, so they're somewhat discrete. Also, the tapes hold VERY well on the front tape panel, but can still be moved. (I have tape pop problems sometimes with bambino because they don't stick as well to the panel)

I've had clumping issues when wearing L3 (dry) for any length of time, so we'll see how these hold up.

fyi bambinodiapers.com is where I ordered these from. they have the usual discrete shipping and free shipment on cases, as well as smaller sizes and samples available.

Bullet points:
    + plastic shell
    + cheap
    + standing leak guards
    + retape panel
    + good tapes
    + quiet
    = medium thickness
    - medical theme front pattern
    - no front/rear elastic

I just wanted to say thank you for the review on these. I might try these too. I can see the savings on these would be good.

Terrible. Not a replacement for M3s. Tranquilty ATN is a much better replacement. The total dry have no SAP. They are terrible compared to the bambino/secure xplus. The total dry plus might be comparable to an abena M1

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Terrible. Not a replacement for M3s. Tranquilty ATN is a much better replacement. The total dry have no SAP. They are terrible compared to the bambino/secure xplus. The total dry plus might be comparable to an abena M1
    yeah I was surprised, they wick like lightning, you can tell there's no sap in there. But they're a good tradeoff for daytime wearing I think. Time will tell. I was considering getting the xplus instead, but it was 50% more expensive and was probably thicker than I wanted at work. If I want thick I have some teddy

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    yeah I was surprised, they wick like lightning, you can tell there's no sap in there. But they're a good tradeoff for daytime wearing I think. Time will tell. I was considering getting the xplus instead, but it was 50% more expensive and was probably thicker than I wanted at work. If I want thick I have some teddy
    But their press-out performance is terrible!!! Even when slightly wet the leak at the legs on me. They smell like stale pee because they have no sap.