Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hey everybody, my name is NorthShore and I'm currently finishing up my last year of grad school while taking a well-deserved sabbatical from work. I'm taking advantage of the downtime to get some quality hours in with my guitars, work on some luthiery projects, and catch up on some overdue naps.

I'm very new to ADISC but definitely not to ageplay/diapers (I've been interested and/or engaging in this for as long as I can remember). I went through a long period where I was a bit ashamed/embarrassed about this whole thing but I'm glad to say those days are far behind me. I'm out to a few close friends and have realized that this is an important enough part of me that I don't think I could be in a relationship without its presence. My ageplay/little girl side is somewhere around 5-6 (but nowhere near ready to be trusted with big girl underwear). I'm definitely a handful and possess an overwhelming penchant for Hello Kitty, cuddles, all things pink, and convincing even the most vanilla of my boyfriends that this may be the best thing ever!

Anyways, I decided to signup for ADISC primary to lurk and read some stories. However, I'm sure I'll pop my head into the occasional thread when the mood strikes. I think that's about it but if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer (within reason of course)!

Hello Northshore and welcome to the group.

This is a very nice introduction. What are you getting your degree in?

Again welcome.

Thank you very much! I'm a tad bit of an academic masochist which is why I've spent the better part of the past decade in college. Right now I'm finishing up an MBA to compliment my BA's in Economics and English and a MA in Political Science. My original intent was to finish up the few requirements needed for my Ph.D in PolySci; however, its simply not necessary at this point in my career and I've kind of moved away from my earlier love of research. Maybe someday, but for now its not really on my radar.

That is very interesting. I would love to talk Poly-sci with you at some point and verify some thoughts that I have. After spending 15 months on the Hopi Indian res. I had all of my poly sci course rolled up into a tight bundle and dumped into the trash, i.e. the definition of Poverty, Communism, government entitlement.

As far as higher degrees I understand completely. I always wanted to get a PhD in Biology, but as life went on I found the route I should have taken was medical technology instead.

Any welcome and I will be looking forward to some point we can talk.

I'm more than happy to talk shop about PolySci! Though I must warn you that, based on my experiences, I view academia as operating in a vacuum/bubble (i.e. theory =/= proper or rightful application in today's system). The realization of such was frustrating for me; however, it made it much easier to make the jump from public policy into the private sector.