Thread: DL article on slate. SO doesn't accept it.

Default DL article on slate. SO doesn't accept it.

So there are a lot of articles here and on other sites about how to tell your signifigant other about your fetish. In response, there are a lot more tales of success and even a few from the point of view of the SO. With all of that there are suprisingly few accounts of rejection.

I made a thread a little over a week ago detailing my struggle and how I eventually told my girlfriend. I can tell you it was a resounding success. By far, it has been the best experience of my life. Today my girlfriend showed my a Dear Prudence article. Wherein the SO was less than receptive.

Read it here:
    Advice on manners and morals (May 29, 2008). - Slate Magazine

After reading it, we both couldn't help but wonder if my tiny story played any part in this man's eventual reveal. I doubt it but the timing and reach of this forum is hard to discount.

I hope this lady's reaction is rare. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by extremesitting View Post
    So there are a lot of articles here and on other sites about how to tell your signifigant other about your fetish. In response, there are a lot more tales of success and even a few from the point of view of the SO. With all of that there are suprisingly few accounts of rejection.

I made a thread a little over a week ago detailing my struggle and how I eventually told my girlfriend. I can tell you it was a resounding success. By far, it has been the best experience of my life. Today my girlfriend showed my a Dear Prudence article. Wherein the SO was less than receptive.

Read it here:
    Advice on manners and morals (May 29, 2008). - Slate Magazine

After reading it, we both couldn't help but wonder if my tiny story played any part in this man's eventual reveal
    . I doubt it but the timing and reach of this forum is hard to discount.

I hope this lady's reaction is rare. I kind of feel bad for the guy.
    Unless there's a time machine involved in some way, I doubt a thread you made a week ago had an influence on an article posted 5 years ago.

That's quite a blast from the past. I made a thread on it way back when. Link in case anyone is interested in what we thought about it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by extremesitting View Post
    Oh crap! I didnt even notice that. Damn, I'm a tool. LOL
    It's so easy to get lost on this site. I do it all the time, and then feel...oh well...sigh. All you can do is laugh.